failed to create symbolic link

kaivalya shevade

Jun 28, 2022, 6:42:05 PM6/28/22
to HiC-Pro
I was trying to run HiC-Pro but I encountered the following error

ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/kaivalyashevade/HiC-Pro/output//home/kaivalyashevade/HiC-Pro/rawdata': No such file or directory

the input command I used is:
bin/HiC-Pro -i /home/kaivalyashevade/HiC-Pro/rawdata -o /home/kaivalyashevade/HiC-Pro/output -c config-hicpro.txt -s mapping

My raw data folder structure is as follows:
rawdata
sample1
*_R1.fastq.gz
*_R2.fastq.gz

Could anyone let me know what is a potential mistake i could be making ?

Thanks,

Kaivalya

nservant

Jun 29, 2022, 5:43:53 AM6/29/22
to HiC-Pro
Hi,
Could you show me your config file please ?

kaivalya shevade

Jun 29, 2022, 5:05:18 PM6/29/22
to HiC-Pro
Thanks for the reply. I actually figured it was an error in the config file. I had added the path to my rawdata folder in the config file. Deleting that line fixed this error.