Re: adding javadoc comments to the ShardStrategy

1 view

max....@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2008, 6:10:34 PM9/13/08
to danny.a...@gmail.com, hibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I've cc'ed hibernate-...@googlegroups.com on this email. Let's
add that as a 'cc' for all future code reviews.

Great job getting this first review out so quickly!

Just a few small comments.

Thanks!
Max

http://codereview.appspot.com/5854/diff/1/2
File ShardStrategy.java (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5854/diff/1/2#newcode28
Line 28: * This class determines through {@link ShardAccessStrategy},
{@link ShardResolutionStrategy},
and

http://codereview.appspot.com/5854/diff/1/2#newcode31
Line 31: * <p>When given a query the {@link ShardAccessStrategy} will
determine which order to look for the shards on, or the
will determine how the query will be distributed across the known shards
- in sequence, in parallel, or some combination of the two.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5854

max....@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2008, 7:12:17 PM9/13/08
On 2008/09/13 22:52:39, danny.antonetti wrote:
> updating doc with Max's clarifications
>
> How do I actually commit?
>
> I have been using the read only svn repository, I dont have an account
to the
> dev repository yet.

LGTM (looks good to me)

So far I'm really happy about your enthusiasm and responsiveness Danny,
but I'd like to see a couple of meaningful code changes before I give
you commit access on the project. Until then, please send me a patch
with your changes and I'll submit on your behalf.

Thanks!

http://codereview.appspot.com/5854

Danny Antonetti

Sep 13, 2008, 7:58:58 PM9/13/08
to max....@gmail.com, hibernate-...@googlegroups.com
OK, that sounds good too.

Here is the patch, maybe it would be more convenient for you to get the patch from the codereview.
Or I can email it as an attachment, either way.

For the dev group, I have been discussing joining the dev team to help move toward GA.

I plan on starting out by commenting the code that lacks comments, as a starting point to give myself an introduction to the code, and do something helpful without the possibility of introducing bugs until I understand the code.

Danny
issue5854_204_205.diff

Max Ross

Sep 15, 2008, 12:02:51 AM9/15/08
to Danny Antonetti, hibernate-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't realize I could get the patch from the codereview site, thanks for pointing it out.  I've downloaded and committed the change, so congrats on your first change!

As for next steps, feel free to keep reading the code and adding javadoc.  Don't hesitate to ask questions if they come up.  When you feel like you have a decent handle on what's going on let me know and I'll get you set up with a task.

Glad to have you involved!

Max