Re: Robot arm

Simon Engler

Aug 22, 2013, 8:31:22 PM8/22/13
to Angelo Vermeulen, hi-seas-s...@googlegroups.com, Ileana Argyris
Hi Ileana,

Please use the space farm google-group for all communications.
Otherwise others will fall out of the loop completely.

Couple things pop to mind. There are two types of arm controllers,
open/closed. It is not clear if those are difference control boards or
different types of servos from what I have read.

Does the wire with clip attached have a green wire? It may be there
just cut back a bit more.

I would connect the wires and see if you can control it. If so, then
cut the clip off and soldier onto the wires of the new part.

If it doesn't work contact Erik, and see what he thinks. It is
possible they sent the wrong part.

Simon

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Angelo Vermeulen
<angeloverme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ileana,
>
> Thanks for your message. I hope to be back at the ranch on the 25th, and
> then I can have a look at it.
>
> Cheers,
> Angelo
>

> On 8/19/2013 8:19 PM, Ileana Argyris wrote:
>>

>> Hi Angelo and Simon,
>>
>> The part for the arm came in but it wasn't attached to a clip like the
>> other part was. The new part also has an extra wire. I've attached pictures
>> to show what I mean.
>>
>> I leave tomorrow and will leave both parts at the space farm so you can
>> judge what to do next.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ileana

Ileana Argyris

Aug 22, 2013, 9:52:57 PM8/22/13
to Simon Engler, Angelo Vermeulen, hi-seas-s...@googlegroups.com, Ileana Argyris
Hi Simon,

The wire with the clip attached does not have a green wire. Or at least when I looked at it, I couldn't find one.

I currently do not have access to the arm as I am in Honolulu right now. I will email Erik and ask for advice.

Thanks,
Ileana

Simon Engler

Aug 22, 2013, 9:57:23 PM8/22/13