Support for OpenHome renderers

s...@cjnash.com

Sep 20, 2018, 5:12:54 PM9/20/18
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I am very impressed by recent improvements to Hi-Fi Cast and the only thing preventing me from using it as my main control point is the lack of support for OpenHome renderers. This is supported by BubbleUPnP and would be a great enhancement to Hi-Fi Cast. Is there any chance that this might be supported in a future version?

Simon

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

Sep 21, 2018, 2:35:31 AM9/21/18
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I am very impressed by recent improvements to Hi-Fi Cast and the only thing preventing me from using it as my main control point is the lack of support for OpenHome renderers. This is supported by BubbleUPnP and would be a great enhancement to Hi-Fi Cast. Is there any chance that this might be supported in a future version?

Simon

Hi Simon,

This is definitely on my 'to do' list but I'm not sure if/when it will get implemented.

- Brett

Arnaud

Jun 9, 2020, 9:07:05 AM6/9/20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hi Brett,
Support for OpenHome renderers is still on the todo list or will come shortly ? ;-)

Anyway, you're app is really great. Congrats.
Brgds
Arnaud

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

Jun 17, 2020, 6:25:07 PM6/17/20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum

Hi Brett,
Support for OpenHome renderers is still on the todo list or will come shortly ? ;-)

Hi,
It definitely won't be shortly. It's still on the (possibly) todo list but I can't tell you if/when it will be implemented because I haven't decided what new features - if any - will be added to the app :)

Alan Campbell

Feb 12, 2021, 5:25:31 AM2/12/21
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum

Hi Brett,

Just wanted to give a further endorsement for OpenHome renderer support as an enhancement to Hi-Fi Cast, that would be great if it is possible.

Many thanks for a great app, so much nicer to interact with than BubbleUPnP Android in my view.

Thx

Alan

Kai Kopietz

Oct 24, 2021, 6:17:10 AM10/24/21
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hello everyone,

I agree. I appreciate the user interface. But OpenHome support would ease playlist management for me.
Anyhow, thanks for the App.