HIFICAST minidlna vs gerbera album level artwork

pluffmud

Jun 6, 2024, 9:17:32 AMJun 6
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I currently use minidlna on my PI4B as my dlna music server and it works well with HIFI Cast .
I installed gerbera 2.1.0 to be used in case minidlna is no longer an option .
My puzzle is  this .
When using minidlna the album artwork is shown at the album level and the song level .
When using gerbera the album art work is sometimes shown at the album level but allways looks correct at the song level.

I used metaflac to look at the metadata for a song from each of the albums and can see no difference other than the song specific stuff .

Is there some specific attribute HIFI cast is using to choose when the artwork is displayed at the 'album level' ?

All the artwork is embedded in the flac files .
Screenshot_20240606_091231_Hi-Fi Cast.jpg

pluffmud

Jun 6, 2024, 11:48:18 AMJun 6
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I'm thinking its the size of the artwork in the flac files . The block size in the 'good' files is 58,127 and 86,135 in the 'bad' files . It may be a gerbera db issue .