Multiple playback devices?

Jeremiah McAuliffe

May 30, 2024, 6:06:42 PMMay 30
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hello, I have a stereo Sonos speaker and sub setup listed as a playback devices which work together when I select the primary speaker, and then a single Sonos speaker in another room. It seems I can only cast to either the stereo group or the single speaker. Is Hi-Fi Cast able to cast to both at the same time? If so, how do I select both? Thanks!

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

Jun 3, 2024, 3:46:35 AMJun 3
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hi,

The Hi-Fi Cast app doesn't support playback to multiple devices. Sorry.
The only way this would work is if the Sonos app was able to somehow group the speakers - I don't have a Sonos system so unfortunately I can't give a more definitive answer :(

Jeremiah McAuliffe

Jun 4, 2024, 11:51:28 AMJun 4
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hi! Thanks! It does indeed work on the grouped Sonos speakers! I think the trick is to first have them play grouped through the Sonos app, and then play your local music via Hi-Fi Cast!

SO TERRIFIC! Thanks! I'll definitely give a good review for this especially as right now Sonos is having problems with their app upgrade not playing local music.

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

Jun 4, 2024, 3:28:46 PMJun 4
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Awesome!
And thanks for the review. Much appreciated :)