Add UPnP Renderer

minso...@gmail.com

May 20, 2024, 10:41:09 AMMay 20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I need to add a UPnP renderer manually  . What is an example of this url ? The renderer I'm trying to access is at 10.10.20.99 .
The diagnostics would probably tell me but so far I cannot find the log file

minso...@gmail.com

May 20, 2024, 10:53:10 AMMay 20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I found the diag log . The info for the denonav is

Playback Devices
UPNP:33419d06-8dc3-1c06-0080-0005cdda9256 => {DeviceType=upnp-avtransport, DisplayName=Denon AVR-X1500H} IP=null  (selected=true)
Player=UpnpPlayback

So I assume the UPNP portion is part of the 'url' I need to add ?

minso...@gmail.com

May 20, 2024, 4:01:36 PMMay 20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

May 20, 2024, 5:26:56 PMMay 20
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Unfortunately there's no standard format for the URLs and so it can be different for each manufacturer. Good to know you were able to find yours.

I'm sure you would have noticed too that the app gives you absolutely no feedback about whether the URL is correct or not! The only way to know is if your device appears in the devices list.
Anyway. I hope it worked for you :)