HIFI Cast / avahi / openwrt / chromecast 'Speaker Group'

pluffmud

May 24, 2024, 8:23:48 AMMay 24
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
First I'd like to say I dont believe this is an issue with HIFI Cast  , just looking for info .
My router is running openwrt with avahi installed . I have 2 vlans 1 and 3 with 3 chromecasts on vlan 3 .
With avahi running and a firewall rule in place HIFI Cast on my  Android on vlan 1 is able to discover the chromecasts on vlan 3 with no problem .
What it does not do is discover a "Speaker Group' I created .
If I move the phone to vlan 3 it discovers everything .
Whats also odd is that  the chrome browser on my Linux box can discover the 'Speaker Group' from vlan 1 .

So my question is what is different about the 'Speaker Group' discovery ?
I suspect there is something lacking in my avahi setup or in the firewall .

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

May 25, 2024, 6:47:34 PMMay 25
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hi,