Local Playlist Enhancement Request

bobzimm...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2024, 10:38:53 PMApr 8
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
I LOVE this app and use it all the time!  I just found yet another use for it (after my beloved Logitech Squeezebox ended "MySqueezebox.com Server" support) -- I now use Hi-Fi Cast for internet radio streaming to my "stereo" via an attached Chromecast.

But today, I have an enhancement request and hope this is the right place to post it.  I make frequent use of the "Local Playlists" feature; and my playlists are growing larger all the time.  I populate my playlists by adding songs to them while listening to my entire collection on random play.  With ever-larger growing playlists, I can't recall whether a track is already present in a playlist or not.  So currently, I have to visually scan the playlist first to see if the track is already present if I want to avoid adding dupes.  I would love a feature that would help me avoid adding duplicate songs to my playlists without having to scan the playlist first.

Here are my ideas/suggestions on the functionality of my enhancement request:
#1:  Show any playlists a track is present in on the "Now Playing" screen.  This way, you could see that a track is already present in the desired playlist and therefore no need to add it.
#2:  When adding a track to a playlist, prompt user to "add anyway" or "cancel" if song is already present in the playlist.  This way, I could always attempt to add a track to a playlist, and Hi-Fi Cast would let me know if it was already in this list.
#3:  Create a "Remove Duplicates" playlist menu item that deletes duplicate tracks in the playlist.  This would help clean-up current playlists that already have duplicate tracks.  And I could invoke this feature from time to time to remove new duplicates.

If you are able to add just one of my suggestions, I'd vote for #3 as it covers all situations.  Next, I'd vote for suggestion #2. And finally, suggestion #1 would also be nice.

Thanks again for an AWESOME app!

Hi-Fi Cast Developer

Apr 10, 2024, 6:49:19 PMApr 10
to Hi-Fi Cast Help Forum
Hi,

Yes. This is definitely the right place to post your enhancement request(s)   :)
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll add them to my list.

Cheers.