Regional (& State) Planning & Reporting

Owen Ambur

Sep 20, 2019, 12:35:59 PM9/20/19
to Ladd, Taylor, Jeanne Antonuccio, Carlton Dallas, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Farrar, Shea

Taylor, I'm planning to sit in on the Regional WG meeting next Thursday and would appreciate the opportunity to suggest this goal for their consideration:

Engage other local and regional jurisdictions as well as the State of South Carolina in collaboratively working with vendors to develop and continuously improve online planning and stakeholder engagement tools, apps, and services.

Usage of an open, machine-readable standard like Strategy Markup Language (StratML) is key for inter-jurisdictional data sharing -- including aggregation, indexing, analysis, and usage not only of the information in the State-mandated comprehensive plans but also the State agencies' own performance plans and reports.

A dozen of the State agency accountability reports are already available in StratML format at http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#SouthCarolina.  I have spoken with Rep. Bradley and Sen. Davis about them and they are generally supportive of the notion of showing Uncle Sam how to comply with his own law, which directs Federal agencies to publish their performance plans and reports in a machine-readable format like StratML:  https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-machine-readable-government-owen-ambur/

However, the ball remains in my court to demonstrate, practically speaking, how that can be done in ways that are comprehensible and readily usable by the average person ... and I need to engage others in order to see that the necessary tools, apps, and services are developed and made available to stakeholders.

There is only one opportunity to be first and I hope HHI might be capable of grasping the opportunity to become the world's first and foremost Truly Connected Community.  http://connectedcommunity.net/

Owen