Path Forward

Owen Ambur

Apr 28, 2020, 8:49:28 PM4/28/20
to Farrar, Shea, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Rod Casavant, Anne Cyran

Shea, during the Town Council's virtual meeting today, Bill Miles displayed a slide listing the goals and individuals who have volunteered to lead the drafting of plans for reopening our economy in the wake of COVID-19.  That information is now available in StratML format at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#HHIPF

The Connected & Collaborative Community Work Group's chapter of the comprehensive plan contains some goals and objectives that would be supportive of such efforts in the years ahead.  However, as with all other elements of the comp plan, it would be good to reflect on and incorporate into our chapter lessons learned from this experience.

In the Infrastructure chapter, for example, the definition of "essential services" should be broadened beyond the traditional notion of "public services" to include those required not only to maintain the continuity of operations of the Town government itself but also emergency services for others as well ... in a "Truly Connected" community.

Owen