Disruptive Thinking

Owen Ambur

Sep 17, 2019, 3:31:00 PM9/17/19
to Carlton Dallas, Sandy West, Ladd, Taylor, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Farrar, Shea

Carlton & Sandy, our brief conversation at the Town Hall this morning inspired me to discover and convert to StratML format Luke William' five stages of disruptive thinking, at http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#5SDT or, more specifically, http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/5SDTwStyle.xml

With reference to those stages:

  1. My hypothesis is that a good place to start is by disrupting the planning process itself -- by applying online tools, apps, and services to make the process more inclusive, collaborative, and measurably effective.
  2. It seems to me the market opportunity is tremendous -- bigger than Facebook or Google, for example.
  3. While I have my own ideas about how to capitalize on it, others may have other and perhaps better thoughts.
  4. I don't agree with Williams that a single "solution" is required -- at least not in our case versus a for-profit organization.
  5. However, I do agree that the "pitch" must be persuasive enough to engage a critical mass of stakeholders.

I'll look forward to seeing what may come of our conversation.

Owen