Goal Statements

Owen Ambur

Sep 24, 2019, 12:44:10 PM9/24/19
to Ladd, Taylor, Farrar, Shea, Karen Kelly, Margaret McManus, Sandy West, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Lavon Stevens

Talyor, per discussion at the Connected WG meeting this morning, here's my suggested wording of the essence of the consolidated goals, as I understood the consensus of those who were present:

1. Planning - Ensure the planning process is dynamic and ongoing, responsive to changing circumstances and stakeholder priorities.

2. Technology - Apply state-of-the-art tools, applications, and services to facilitate connections and collaboration.

3. Place - Design the built environment to capitalize on our natural beauty and community strengths, reinforcing our unique sense of place.

4. Organizations & Events - Empower community organizations and leverage public events to enable residents and visitors to collaborate around common values and celebrate the realization of shared objectives.

5. Quality of Life - Engage our commitments to each other, lifelong learning, and the natural environment to ensure a high quality of life for residents, outstanding experiences for visitors, and economic opportunity for our workforce.

This draft verbiage is also available in the internationally standardized format for strategic plans (ISO 17469-1) at http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/CCCGwStyle.xml  Consistent with the Excellence pillar/core value, I hope the Town will use the international standard.

As I mentioned, I'll be away for a couple weddings and will miss the meetings earlier in October but I hope to make it back in time for the Connected WG's meeting on October 22.

The dialog at the meeting this morning was great.  Wish more of us could have been present.  Looking forward to the next steps.

Owen

Owen Ambur

Sep 24, 2019, 5:03:27 PM9/24/19
to Margaret McManus, Ladd, Taylor, Farrar, Shea, Karen Kelly, Sandy West, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Lavon Stevens

Honor and respect are both good words, Margaret.

I amended my StratML rendition by substituting "Honor" for "Engage" at http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/CCCGwStyle.xml#_8a07a326-dee9-11e9-9c27-b1e05f03121c

Will look forward to learning what others think.

Owen

On 9/24/2019 2:34 PM, Margaret McManus wrote:

Owen- this is a great wrap-up! The only change I would suggest is changing Engage in #5 to either honor or respect. I’m looking forward to discussing our strategies-. Agree, good meeting today. Margaret