Self-Inclusion

Owen Ambur

Sep 16, 2019, 9:34:40 PM9/16/19
to Farrar, Shea, hhi...@googlegroups.com

Shea, I attended the Inclusive WG meeting this afternoon and suggested that they adopt the following goal:

Anyone who cares to do so can easily engage and include themselves in realizing any public objective.

A logical accompanying strategy would be to:

Ensure the necessary infrastructure is in place to enable self-inclusion in the pursuit of public objectives.

The tactics would be the specific online tools, apps, and services required to support self-inclusion.

A member of the WG noted that what I am talking about is making the process itself inclusive.  I believe my suggestion was well-taken.  Jennifer took a photo of my notes.

This suggestion is closely related to the mission of our WG in that, when someone has decided to engage, the online infrastructure should enable them to easily connect and collaborate with others in support of their mutual objectives.

I hope our chapter will include a goal clearly identifying the need for such tools, apps, and services.

Owen