Mentors, Gullah/Geechee Heritage & Truly Connected Communities

Owen Ambur

Jan 22, 2020, 9:51:54 PM1/22/20
to Farrar, Shea, Sheryse DuBose, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Robert Tosterud

Shea, with reference to the Connected WG's mentorship objective, I thought you might like to know about this initiative being undertaken by my second hometown (where I went to college):  Sioux Falls, The City of Mentors.  I'll be away for a couple weeks but will keep an eye out for the details in the event that we might learn from and perhaps apply some of them through the comprehensive planning process here on HHI.

Sheryse, check out the background of my alma mater's new director of diversity: http://www.augiemirror.com/qa-with-willette-capers-universitys-new-director-of-diversity/  Perhaps we might be explore potential synergies with her.

BTW, Augie had the analog equivalent of Facebook more that 40 years before Mark Zuckerberg became a multi-billionaire.  It was called the Buzz Book.  Even as I am striving to do here in my present and probably final hometown, I'd like to help Augie become a Truly Connected community and it will be disappointing if the university's leaders miss the boat again.

Likewise, it will also be unfortunate if HHI misses the opportunity for leadership as outlined broadly at http://connectedcommunity.net/ and more specifically at http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AG4TCI.xml.

Owen