Follow Up to McMaster Presentation

1 view

Owen Ambur

Apr 27, 2020, 1:00:43 PM4/27/20
to wac...@gmail.com, Farrar, Shea, Jim Lucas, Joan Deery, Russ Ruggiero, hhi...@googlegroups.com, Jane Joseph, Jeanne Antonuccio

Maureen, in follow up to Gen. McMaster's virtual appearance before the HHI WAC, I posted a comment on Hoover's site on LinkedIn.  You can check it out here.

In the context of the update to HHI's comprehensive plan, I've been urging the town to demonstrate leadership in applying the Strategy Markup Language (StratML) standard to improve the public planning and engagement process.

Several of McMaster's comments were on point but it is unclear if he and Hoover recognize the critical importance of open, machine-readable data standards, like StratML.  It seems not, since none of Hoover's goals reference either "data" or "standards".

While consideration of international data standards may be out of WAC's normal scope of interest, extraordinary times call for extraordinary leadership.  I encourage HHI WAC's leadership to embrace that need and opportunity.  At least I encourage you to bring that need/opportunity to the attention of WAC's national leadership.

BTW, WHO is referenced in the opening sentence of Wikipedia's article on international standards:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_standard  However, the renown inefficiency of UN agencies is due in large measure to their failure to apply data standards for transparency and accountability, like StratML Part 2, Performance Plans and Reports (formerly ANSI/AIIM 22:2017).  Taxpayers worldwide have a right to expect more enlightened and responsible behavior in the months and years ahead.

Owen

On 4/25/2020 9:50 AM, Maureen Korzik wrote:

Hi Owen Ambur,

Thank you for attending H.R. McMaster Webinar. We hope you enjoyed our event.

Please submit your questions or comments to: wac...@gmail.com.