His Net

Charley Scarborough

Dec 6, 2016, 3:50:20 AM12/6/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Please join us for this weeks His Net round table discussion, conditions permitting.  We'll be meeting on 3802kHz ±5kHz for QRM at 7AM ET, 6AM CT, 5AM MT, 4AM PT Wednesday morning.  We'll do a second net on 7270kHz ±5kHz for QRM at 11AM ET, 10AM CT, 9AM MT, 8AM PT Wednesday morning.  This dual frequency plan is to insure initial contact without falling back to the phone while giving us the option to use the best frequency.  Looking forward to hearing you there.

Charley AC7LU

Amateur Radio Network
Main page | Invite | Team | Equipment | Links | Local Network | Email Group |‏‎

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 6, 2016, 9:22:38 AM12/6/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
traveling today and if I don't get a campground tonight I will not be on at 7am. Will probably be with family at 11am.

Bb

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 6, 2016, 5:31:54 PM12/6/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
all set up in Alabama. I'll be listening in the morning.

bb

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 6:17:48 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
3.802 busy, 3.807 busy, 3.797 clear in Alabama

On Dec 7, 2016 4:57 AM, wrote:
3.797 is clear

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 6:17:48 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
3.797 is clear

On Dec 6, 2016 2:50 AM, "Charley Scarborough" <charle...@gmail.com> wrote:

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 6:17:49 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Also informed I'm out of band being only a general which seems to be correct according to my chart.

On Dec 7, 2016 5:04 AM, wrote:
3.802 busy, 3.807 busy, 3.797 clear in Alabama

Charley Scarborough

Dec 7, 2016, 7:09:32 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

We're on 3804kHz

Dennis

Dec 7, 2016, 8:35:04 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I have an appointment this morning and won't be on the second call
Dennis KD0TTF
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hhcbroadcast...@googlegroups.com.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 10:24:54 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Is that outside the band plan for me with a general license?

According to my chart.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 10:43:07 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I'm on 7.270, but noisy. 18 minutes to 10am central.

On Dec 6, 2016 2:50 AM, "Charley Scarborough" <charle...@gmail.com> wrote:

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 10:53:35 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I hear you calling.

On Dec 6, 2016 2:50 AM, "Charley Scarborough" <charle...@gmail.com> wrote:

Charley Scarborough

Dec 7, 2016, 10:57:37 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

I can't hear you.

Charley Scarborough

Dec 7, 2016, 10:59:00 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

That's inside the band.  Band ends at 3800kHz, but I doubt it's ever enforced.

On 12/7/2016 8:24 AM, Robert Joseph Glaser wrote:
Is that outside the band plan for me with a general license?

According to my chart.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 7, 2016, 11:05:45 AM12/7/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
somebody called me on it today.

I hear you 4/5 on 7.270.

Charley Scarborough

Dec 7, 2016, 11:05:48 AM12/7/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Conditions on 80m were pretty good on my end this morning, although there was a bit of background noise .  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
KD0TTF Dennis

It was -20 here at net time and conditions on 40m seemed okay, but no check-ins, although Bob emailed me from Alabama to say he could hear me.

Charley Scarborough

Dec 13, 2016, 4:33:27 AM12/13/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 13, 2016, 8:26:08 PM12/13/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Set up in the Florida panhandle. No time for caphat; next week. How will I know if you go off frequency on your end?

Bb

Charley Scarborough

Dec 14, 2016, 11:21:27 AM12/14/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Conditions on 80m were good enough to contact Bob near Pensacola,FL this morning, although there was a bit of background noise and we had to drop down to 3800kHz.  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
WH6UO Bob

Conditions on 40m were pretty good until it started fading around a 1/4 after the hr.  Bob emailed me let me know he could here both of us, but we couldn't hear him.  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
KD0TTF Dennis

Charley AC7LU

Charley Scarborough

Dec 20, 2016, 4:26:18 AM12/20/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Charley Scarborough

Dec 21, 2016, 11:03:25 AM12/21/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Conditions on 80m were good this morning with QRM on our frequency, so we ended up moving to 3835kHz.  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
KD0TTF Dennis

No check-ins on 40m:

Charley AC7LU

de...@goldenwest.net

Dec 21, 2016, 11:11:00 AM12/21/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Thought I heard you on 40m but it was very weak
I will not be available for the net next Wednesday. Have a good
Christmas!
Dennis KD0TTF
>> Main page [1] | Invite [2] | Team [3] | Equipment [4] | Links [5] |
>> Local Network [6] | Email Group [7] |‏‎
>
> --
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Network
> [2] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Network_Invite
> [3] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Network_Team
> [4] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Equipment
> [5] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Links
> [6] http://www.preparingyou.com/wiki/Network
> [7] https://groups.google.com/d/forum/hhcbroadcasts
> [8] mailto:hhcbroadcast...@googlegroups.com
> [9] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Charley Scarborough

Dec 21, 2016, 1:16:33 PM12/21/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Same here. If I heard anything it was so weak I couldn't tell if it was
a signal or my imagination. Could be a spares net next week.

Merry Xmas to all.

Charley

Charley Scarborough

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 27, 2016, 3:45:38 PM12/27/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Added back the CapHat to try the (off-frequency) 3.802+-5 tomorrow morning.

BB

Think:: 1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take
from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 27, 2016, 3:48:07 PM12/27/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Taking van to have AC looked at in town at 8AM and hope to be back for 2nd go-round.

BB

Charley Scarborough

Dec 28, 2016, 11:03:05 AM12/28/16
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

No check-ins on 80m.

No check-ins on 40m.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Dec 28, 2016, 11:17:15 AM12/28/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Charley,

Tried to get radio ready but too many problems, not enough time.

transmit light won't go off so have to see what's wrong. Hooked up modem so that may be it.

bb

Charley Scarborough

Jan 3, 2017, 4:01:33 AM1/3/17
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 4, 2017, 10:59:06 AM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
7.270 ok, still have cap hat on

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 4, 2017, 11:01:24 AM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I hear you Charley,

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 4, 2017, 11:02:12 AM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
10am, ct, r2,s2

Charley Scarborough

Jan 4, 2017, 11:05:19 AM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

I'm almost positive you can't tune up on 40m with the cap hat on.  Am I wrong about that?

Charley
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hhcbroadcast...@googlegroups.com.

Charley Scarborough

Jan 4, 2017, 11:06:57 AM1/4/17
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Conditions on 80m were pretty noisy this morning and a sick Dennis who left early and a very weak Bob from I don't hear where.  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
KD0TTF Dennis
WH6UO Bob

No check-ins on 40m, although Bob emailed me to say he could here me.

Charley AC7LU

Robert Joseph Glaser

Charley Scarborough

Jan 4, 2017, 12:58:35 PM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

From the test we did here, best performance will be achieved with the cap hat on for 80m and no cap hat on 40m.  Unfortunately, 40m will not tune with the cap hat on and it must be removed to transmit on that band.  Without the cap hat 80m still tunes, but will not radiate as much power.  This means if you're not going to change the cap hat configuration when you switch band, you need to leave it off all the time.  Won't work as well on 80m, but at least it will tune.

bc

On 1/4/2017 10:47 AM, Robert Joseph Glaser wrote:
Don't know, just know I heard you about the same as on 80. I just didn't think about changing the caphat, so there was nothing I could do with the time I had. Your antenna /rig must be set up pretty well as I get you most always wherever I've been. I'm still in the panhandle of Florida.

BB

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 4, 2017, 1:12:43 PM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
OK, Charley, thanks for the reminder.

I was getting up the antenna from New Jersey in the asphalt church parking lot and when I got to the top and leaned in to raise the antenna the ladder started to slide out from under me and fortunately, the Lord blessed me by protecting me from any real harm, but that also was a good lesson. I have two streaks down the side of the trailer to remind me.

I will try to remember to remove the caphat next week.

BB

Think:: 1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take
from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 4, 2017, 1:13:31 PM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Will be in Kentucky the following Wednesday.

Dennis

Jan 4, 2017, 10:57:34 PM1/4/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I thought I could hear you on 40m but could not understand the words.
Dennis KD0TTF

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 5, 2017, 10:58:52 AM1/5/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Well, so goes my memory. I have been inside the trailer most of my time here in the panhandle of Florida and when I went outside yesterday afternoon I looked at the antenna and no caphat. Apparently I removed it last week and never reinstalled it, so it was off for both calls yesterdsy. If you review the messages I sent yesterday you will see I could hear Charley r2/s3 on 80 at 6am ct, and r2/s2 on 40 at 10am ct, if I remember correctly.

Bb

Charley Scarborough

Jan 5, 2017, 2:44:49 PM1/5/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
If you decide to put the cap hat back on, you might try going through
the tuning process on 40 and 80m to make sure I'm remembering
correctly. You should discover it will not tune on 40m. You'd also
discover the approximate tuner setting when you're not under pressure to
get checked in.

bc

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 5, 2017, 3:18:05 PM1/5/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I seem to remember that with the cap hat on I did not get out as good on 40. I'll put it on for next net and take it off for the 10AM.

Bb

Charley Scarborough

Jan 10, 2017, 3:27:05 AM1/10/17
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 11, 2017, 7:08:28 AM1/11/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Charley, Dennis,

KDOTTF R-1, S-1/2

AC7LU  R-1, S-1

Charley Scarborough

Jan 11, 2017, 11:02:07 AM1/11/17
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Conditions on 80m were pretty noisy this morning and the call didn't last long.  Bob emailed that he heard us.  Check-ins were:

AC7LU Charley Net Control
KD7MLX Sheila
KD0TTF Dennis

Heard lots of tuning, but no check-ins on 40m.

Charley AC7LU

Charley Scarborough

Jan 17, 2017, 4:46:13 AM1/17/17
to HHCBro...@googlegroups.com

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 17, 2017, 10:59:05 AM1/17/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Charley,

I expect to be on the road w/o radio for 3 weeks.

Bb

Charley Scarborough

Dennis

Jan 18, 2017, 11:55:33 AM1/18/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I called on 40m but did not hear you
Dennis KD0TTF

Charley Scarborough

Jan 18, 2017, 3:09:35 PM1/18/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

Think we need to do another 40m experiment day to see if there's a time of day when it's usable?

c.

Dennis

Jan 18, 2017, 4:53:05 PM1/18/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I can do Friday or some day next week.
There were lots of people on 20m PSK31 this morning
Dennis

Charley Scarborough

Jan 19, 2017, 5:47:15 AM1/19/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

That's the PSK31 hot spot as long as 20m is working, which it hasn't for us.  Have you made a PSK contact?

Want to start Friday morning at 5MT and 6CT with hourly tests on 7270kHz?  We can call off the experiment if bad conditions are in affect.

c.

Dennis

Jan 19, 2017, 8:18:21 AM1/19/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
How about starting at 6MT, 7CT Friday ? It is still dark here at that time.
Have not made a PSK31 contact yet but listening is good at times. Still trying to figure out FLDIGI. So many options.
Dennis

Charley Scarborough

Jan 19, 2017, 9:43:36 AM1/19/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

Okay, 7270kHz at 6MT and 7CT on Friday it is.

c.

Robert Joseph Glaser

Robert Joseph Glaser

Jan 19, 2017, 9:58:38 AM1/19/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I'm on the road, but don't even know how to do PSK31.

Charley Scarborough

Jan 19, 2017, 1:55:42 PM1/19/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

Not sure I understand the question Bob, but sharing methods and experiences is something one may do anytime they're able to communicate with other hams including at local club meetings.

I'm on the road, but don't even know how to do PSK31.

Dennis and I are experimenting with fldigi, which is mostly causing us to scratch our heads.  It supports many digital modes including PSK31.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/

c.

On 1/19/2017 7:55 AM, Robert Joseph Glaser wrote:
Do you need to be in a local club to easily share methods and experiences to learn more about radios, et. al.? and they would have to have some kind of regular or scheduled meetings to do that kind of training/sharing.

de...@goldenwest.net

Jan 20, 2017, 7:59:28 AM1/20/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
7270 looks busy, how about 7263
> --
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:hhcbroadcast...@googlegroups.com
> [2] https://groups.google.com/d/optout

de...@goldenwest.net

Jan 20, 2017, 8:56:12 AM1/20/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
7270 still busy. 7273 is quiet here

Charley Scarborough

Jan 20, 2017, 4:54:20 PM1/20/17
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Our 40m experiment showed 9am MT is too early in the day for us this
time of year. The band didn't really start behaving well until noon my
time. In the end the consensus was our 40m net should be on 7272kHz
±5kHz for QRM at 4PM ET, 3PM CT, 2PM MT, 1PM PT Wednesday afternoon.
Please let me know if there are any issues with this? This is both a
time and frequency change.

c.