Remote Hams

Dennis

Oct 17, 2016, 6:02:16 PM10/17/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody have experience with Remote Hams? It looks like a way we can check our transmission range.
www.remotehams.com

Dennis

Robert Joseph Glaser

Oct 17, 2016, 6:54:37 PM10/17/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

WH6UO - no

Charley Scarborough

Oct 18, 2016, 4:25:10 AM10/18/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

I tried to play with Echolink and IRLP years ago, which may be somewhat similar.  Have forgot most of what I discovered other than I couldn't make EchoLink I think work with satellite internet and I didn't have the equipment for IRLP.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Charley

Robert Joseph Glaser

Oct 18, 2016, 7:00:20 AM10/18/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

I have been on echolink but I believe that is over Internet and would not be any reflection of transmission distance.

William Kisse

Dec 10, 2016, 4:17:43 PM12/10/16
to HHCBroadcasts
Remotehams is a great program for remote control of equipment via the Internet.

However, to really see how you are being received you could use the Reverse Beacon Network which will give you REAL TIME results.

For those who want detailed and repeatable reports, the site is invaluable and can quickly provide feedback on changes in power, antennas or antenna orientation.

I recommend you configure your idle equipment to report to this website to add to the mix of reporting receiving stations.

Another good site is PSK Reporter which uses Windows-based PSKimmer to automate reception reports by receiving stations.

73,

Bill
W3MSH

Dennis

Dec 10, 2016, 5:34:21 PM12/10/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bill
I will check out those tools. They may help Charley and I to understand why sometimes he can hear me clearly but I have a difficult time hearing him.
73,
Dennis KD0TTF

Charley Scarborough

Dec 10, 2016, 8:31:08 PM12/10/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com

I haven't signed up for an account as of yet Dennis.  Was wondering if you have and if you're finding the kind of results you were interested in?  If so, could you say a few words about what you found?

Charley

Dennis

Dec 11, 2016, 9:57:56 PM12/11/16
to hhcbro...@googlegroups.com
I have not signed up either. Lots of family stuff going on this month
Dennis KD0TTF