I've just pushed a bugfix release of the 1.0 series to PyPI and Heptapod:
hg-git 1.0.1 (2022-11-04)
This is a minor release, focusing on bugs and compatibility.
* Ignore any ``GIT_SSH_COMMAND`` environment variable, rather than
dying with an error. (#369)
* Fix bug with unusual progress lines from Azure Repo (#391)
* Fix incorrect use of localisation APIs (#387)
* Fix pushing with Dulwich 0.2.49 or later.
* Fix tests with Git 2.37.
* Fix bug with tags or remote refs in the local Git repository that
point to missing commits.
* Mark Mercurial 6.2 and 6.3 as supported and tested.
Thanks to Pierre Augier and Aay Jay Chan for contributing to this