More snow

HRM Resident

Feb 13, 2024, 6:25:32 AMFeb 13
Yesterday, I finally got bare ground in most of the
driveway and yard (where I drive and walk: there still are
significant piles 2-3 feet deep elsewhere.) It was a week
of breaking ice with a pick axe and steel shovel. Yes, I am
slower these days.

Now that things are nice and clean, by early this
afternoon, Mother Nature has decided to fill it all in
again! Well, I will remember this come Mother’s Day! :-)

--
HRM Resident

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 13, 2024, 9:45:30 AMFeb 13
Yeppers but they all seem to agree, if that storm changes its
direction even slightly, could make a big difference! So I prepared
in case.

HRM Resident

Feb 13, 2024, 11:25:49 AMFeb 13
<lucr...@florence.it> wrote:

> Yeppers but they all seem to agree, if that storm
> changes its direction even slightly, could make a big
> difference! So I prepared in case.

Same here. They can’t really tell so they are hedging
their bets. I vote to give it to the Sable Island ponies.

--
HRM Resident

axemen99

Feb 13, 2024, 12:30:11 PMFeb 13
It seems that snow has stayed south and moved east to ocean instead.
Sable Island ponies will be the sole recipients.

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 13, 2024, 1:48:17 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 12:30:08 -0500, axemen99 <axem...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I heard one forecaster say the snow came from the Appalachians, they
should have been greedy and kept it :)

Mike Spencer

Feb 13, 2024, 4:46:49 PMFeb 13
Uh-huh. Couple of inches down at 5:30 PM, falling steadily with gusty
swirls. And I have not been magically transported to Sable.

Damn groundhog is due for a spell in reducation camp, profession
skills upgrade or similar.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

HRM Resident

Feb 13, 2024, 7:00:39 PMFeb 13
Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> Uh-huh. Couple of inches down at 5:30 PM, falling
> steadily with gusty swirls. And I have not been magically
> transported to Sable.

Same here. It started about 1/2 hour before dark. We
have 3-4 inches now (8 PM.)

The radar shows a strip right along the coast from about
Shelburne to Sheet Harbour, and about 25-35 miles wide.
In other words, right on top of us. Something to do
tomorrow, I suppose.

--
HRM Resident

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 13, 2024, 8:20:27 PMFeb 13
On 13 Feb 2024 17:46:46 -0400, Mike Spencer
Lol I heard someone say that the last lot should be known as
Shubenacadie Slam since just that morning Sam made his prediction :)

Mike Spencer

Feb 14, 2024, 3:48:05 AMFeb 14

HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:

> The radar shows a strip right along the coast from about
> Shelburne to Sheet Harbour, and about 25-35 miles wide.
> In other words, right on top of us. Something to do
> tomorrow, I suppose.

Stopped snowing after midnight, well over a foot but hard to estimate
as there's a lot of drifting. Feh.

HRM Resident

Feb 14, 2024, 9:39:30 AMFeb 14
Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> Stopped snowing after midnight, well over a foot but
> hard to estimate as there's a lot of drifting. Feh.

About a foot here, too. I have been looking at it since
about 7 AM. I spent a week shovelling and then chipping
ice with a steel shovel (a couple of hours a day), getting
rid of the last lot. I really* don’t want to do anything with
this crap. But I will.

We should lynch that groundhog.

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Feb 14, 2024, 8:15:13 PMFeb 14
<lucr...@florence.it> wrote:

> Lol I heard someone say that the last lot should be
> known as Shubenacadie Slam since just that morning
> Sam made his prediction :)

It doesn’t matter what you call him. We are lynching
him! (See my other post.)

I cleaned out the entire yard today. Four hours. This
snow was different. While there was over a foot, it was
light and dry. The last lot was wet, heavy and sticky. Even
though the forecast might change, there are no storms in
the next 5-6 days predicted.

--
HRM Resident