An example of stupidity

HRM Resident

Mar 25, 2023, 8:29:40 AM3/25/23
Me: "Using the redshift values you know, can you
tell me the age of the universe?"

ChatGPT: "The age of the universe at the redshift value
of GN-z11 (z=11.09) is approximately 0.32 billion years
(320 million years). Keep in mind that this value is an
estimate based on the FlatLambdaCDM model with the
specified Hubble constant and matter density."

Me: "That seems to be orders of magnitude different from
what most cosmologists have determined as the age of the
universe."

ChatGPT: "You are correct. The age of the universe I
provided in the previous response is the age at the time
when the light from galaxy GN-z11 was emitted, not the
current age of the universe. The age of the universe at
redshift 11.09 (GN-z11) is about 0.32 billion years (320
million years) after the Big Bang.

The current age of the universe, according to the Lambda-CDM
model and based on the parameters from the Planck mission,
is estimated to be around 13.8 billion years."

Me: "Why didn't you do it the right way to begin with?"

ChatGPT: "I apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding in
my initial responses. When you asked about the age of the universe
based on redshift, I should have been more careful to understand
the context and provide a clearer explanation. I appreciate your
patience, and I'll make sure to be more attentive to such nuances
in the future."

--
HRM Resident

lucr...@florence.it

Mar 25, 2023, 9:30:04 AM3/25/23
On Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:29:37 -0300, HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
AAwww you're being mean to it :-©

HRM Resident

Mar 25, 2023, 9:52:55 AM3/25/23
lucr...@florence.it writes:

> AAwww you're being mean to it :-©

Well, it is ultra polite, but I felt it ought to give the correct
answer and not make stuff up! Hence my asking it why it didn't do it
right in the first place. That's an almost exact quote from one of my
post-high school instructors who told me, "Interesting, but I'd prefer
we do thing the right way." :-)

--
HRM Resident