SNOW!

lucr...@florence.it

Mar 3, 2023, 7:17:06 AM3/3/23
Heads up for condo living - but I will think of you guys with your
shovels :) I thought Mikes idea of waxing the shovel was excellent,
wish I had thought of that back in the day!

Have fun shovellers :-©

Donna Whitman

Mar 3, 2023, 7:30:27 AM3/3/23
Woke up this morning to the wonderful sound of the snow plow in our parking lot. We sure did get a major snowfall. Decided I should get out of my PJ's but will likely not go out the door. Underground parking is SOOOO cool on a morning like this. I feel for the shovellers. Had a lot of years needing to dispense with the way my car's end parking spot got buried by the plow on two sides.

HRM Resident

Mar 3, 2023, 8:42:00 AM3/3/23
Donna Whitman <nsboo...@gmail.com> writes:

> Underground parking is SOOOO cool on a morning like this.

I will be "blessing" you and LB and your apartment/condos with
underground parking later today! I cleaned everything up last night
around 10 PM, thinking it was over. Wind came up and we got more snow
overnight. Looks to be some bare spots but there are 1.5-2 foot drifts
that I have to deal with.

I think this is the most we've seen this year in one storm.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Mar 3, 2023, 9:34:49 AM3/3/23
It definitely is! But small potatoes compared to 2014/2015.
Who could forget that? It was May 9 before the last of a
mound of snow disappeared.

HRM Resident

Mar 3, 2023, 10:56:24 AM3/3/23
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> It definitely is! But small potatoes compared to 2014/2015.
> Who could forget that? It was May 9 before the last of a
> mound of snow disappeared.

That was a mess. My plough guy couldn't move it. He had to get his
backhoe to dig it out. Guess we are paying for the mild weather in
January and early February.

I can't delay any longer. Off to shovel the stuff.

--
HRM Resident

Mike Spencer

Mar 3, 2023, 2:51:32 PM3/3/23

James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> It definitely is! But small potatoes compared to 2014/2015.
> Who could forget that? It was May 9 before the last of a
> mound of snow disappeared.

Sub-zero F days & nights before all that snow, so the beaver pond
froze and we could walk out on the ice to the beaver lodge and listen
to them bustling about inside.

April, with a foot of snow still on the ground, the only bare dirt/sod
was our dooryard that had been regularly ploughed. So the returning
woodcocks pursued their courting ritual within feet of the back door.

High points in a mummer winter & spring.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

James Warren

Mar 3, 2023, 4:18:24 PM3/3/23
We have a 4 foot fenced in backyard for our dogs. The snow buried
the fence so the our only dog at the time could just meander over it.
We had to close the doggy door to keep her from wandering away.
She was not pleased.

lucr...@florence.it

Mar 4, 2023, 11:53:28 AM3/4/23

You guys have your work all done? Here there
is more coming tonight, nicely mixed with rain :) Have fun :)

HRM Resident

Mar 5, 2023, 9:03:31 AM3/5/23
lucr...@florence.it writes:

> You guys have your work all done? Here there
> is more coming tonight, nicely mixed with rain :) Have fun :)

Get back to work, you kitchen/laundry wench! :-)

--
HRM Resident

lucr...@florence.it

Mar 5, 2023, 9:54:35 AM3/5/23
On Sun, 05 Mar 2023 10:03:28 -0400, HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
S M A C K !!!!

HRM Resident

Mar 5, 2023, 11:34:41 AM3/5/23
lucr...@florence.it writes:

> S M A C K !!!!

Interesting. Some women need a frim hand** so they know their place!
:-) (I am hiding in an overseas country so you can't find me! Ha ha!)

** I heard this recently in a movie set in the 1860s. Apparently that
was a common thought back then. Thankfully we, in the West, anyhow,
have moved beyond that sort of thing.

--
HRM Resident

Donna Whitman

Mar 6, 2023, 2:26:51 PM3/6/23
The most since the dreaded winter of 2014/15. It was after the huge March storm that I asked to move to a building that had inside parking. The landlord considered me a good tenant so found me the current place in another of their buildings. Did 17 years of shoveling my car out there and was getting too old to continue

lucr...@florence.it

Mar 6, 2023, 6:12:05 PM3/6/23
On Mon, 6 Mar 2023 11:26:50 -0800 (PST), Donna Whitman
<nsboo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I find I rarely even have to scrape the windshield. I tend not to
leave my parking space in the worst weather so all is well.