test

James Warren

Dec 29, 2023, 4:51:34 PM12/29/23
Does usenet farm work?

lucr...@florence.it

Dec 29, 2023, 5:57:28 PM12/29/23
On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 17:51:22 -0400, James Warren
<jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does usenet farm work?

If you mean does your post show, yes!

James Warren

Dec 29, 2023, 6:54:46 PM12/29/23
Yeah, now I can see and post, I have to open UF in a new tab in TB. I'm
trying it for a month to see it is better than giganews. E-S appears to
be useless.

TB is different from the last time I used it. It was on win-10, now on
win-11. I prefer the older version.

lucr...@florence.it

Dec 30, 2023, 8:12:56 AM12/30/23
On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 19:54:35 -0400, James Warren
<jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2023-12-29 6:57 p.m., lucr...@florence.it wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 17:51:22 -0400, James Warren
>> <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does usenet farm work?
>>
>> If you mean does your post show, yes!
>

>Yeah, now I can see and post, I have to open UF in a new tab in TB. I'm
>trying it for a month to see it is better than giganews. E-S appears to
>be useless.
>
>TB is different from the last time I used it. It was on win-10, now on
>win-11. I prefer the older version.

I am using TB but reading it with Agent 8. I think apn, Agents news
carrier or whatever one would call it gave up, so I stopped paying and
switched to TB.

axemen99

Dec 30, 2023, 8:13:07 AM12/30/23
Both Giganews and UF have monthly fees. E-S is free.
Just curious.

James Warren

Dec 30, 2023, 4:56:15 PM12/30/23
E-S is free but I can't anything but a handful of groups, hfx.general is
not one of them.

lucr...@florence.it

Dec 30, 2023, 8:22:22 PM12/30/23
On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:56:02 -0400, James Warren
<jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2023-12-30 9:13 a.m., axemen99 wrote:

>>> Yeah, now I can see and post, I have to open UF in a new tab in TB.
>>> I'm trying it for a month to see it is better than giganews. E-S
>>> appears to be useless.
>>>
>>> TB is different from the last time I used it. It was on win-10, now on
>>> win-11. I prefer the older version.
>>>

>> Both Giganews and UF have monthly fees.  E-S is free.
>> Just curious.
>>

>E-S is free but I can't anything but a handful of groups, hfx.general is
>not one of them.

TBird is also free.

HRM Resident

Dec 30, 2023, 8:38:58 PM12/30/23
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> E-S is free but I can't anything but a handful of
> groups, hfx.general is not one of them.

It works for me. This and the post about Sukiyaki were
sent by ES. Maybe you need a keyboard wrench.

--
HRM Resident

jvangurp

Jan 14, 2024, 8:03:45 AMJan 14
On Friday 29 December 2023 at 17:51:34 UTC-4, James Warren wrote:
> Does usenet farm work?

Message not received James, please send another.

lucr...@florence.it

Jan 14, 2024, 9:48:16 AMJan 14
Good to see you J V-G, I see you use google groups, presume you know
they are shutting down usenet at the end of February?

James Warren

Jan 15, 2024, 5:06:03 PMJan 15
OK. Sorry you missed it.

jvangurp

Jan 19, 2024, 7:30:02 AMJan 19
Oh… I thought I saw something about that. What a shame… what’s the best alternative?

Cheers,
John

lucr...@florence.it

Jan 19, 2024, 9:29:39 AMJan 19
On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 04:29:59 -0800 (PST), jvangurp
<jvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday 14 January 2024 at 10:48:16 UTC-4, lucr...@florence.it wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 05:03:43 -0800 (PST), jvangurp
>> <jvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Message not received James, please send another.
>> Good to see you J V-G, I see you use google groups, presume you know
>> they are shutting down usenet at the end of February?
>
>Oh… I thought I saw something about that. What a shame… what’s the best alternative?
>
>Cheers,
>John

I use Thunderbird combined with Agent 8 for reading. I see in the
Agent group there is talk about Agent leaving usenet but not for
awhile yet.