Vasectomy

littleohalloran

Dec 13, 2005, 7:24:59 PM12/13/05
Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.

John van Gurp

Dec 13, 2005, 7:54:26 PM12/13/05

I had one. It was a minor procedure. I think guys who whine about them
never had sufficient balls to start with! Pathetic.

Cheers,
John

kdo

Dec 13, 2005, 7:58:36 PM12/13/05

"littleohalloran" <littleo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
> know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
> himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.

I wouldn't say daily, but for about the first year I would have a shot of
pain every once in a while that would but me on my knees.

kdo

Dec 13, 2005, 8:03:37 PM12/13/05

> I had one. It was a minor procedure. I think guys who whine about them
> never had sufficient balls to start with! Pathetic.

I would agree that it is a relatively minor procedure however; to say it is
painless is an understatement

MZ

Dec 13, 2005, 8:12:58 PM12/13/05
It's nothing compared to hernia (surgery)! Had both - I'd take ten V's to
one H. Bag a' frozen peas for a couple days - it's all good. And think of
the benefits!
MZ

lucretia borgia

Dec 13, 2005, 9:05:44 PM12/13/05
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:54:26 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

Sending you a bill for paper towel John, to clean the monitor off lol

K Bourke

Dec 13, 2005, 9:07:55 PM12/13/05
Errr.... what *was* the question from the op??

"MZ" <mart...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

MZ

Dec 13, 2005, 9:27:15 PM12/13/05
Have any of you men had a vasectomy? . . . chronic pain daily afterwards.
MZ

"K Bourke" <Kbo...@eastlink.ca> wrote in message

firecat

Dec 13, 2005, 9:29:54 PM12/13/05

K Bourke wrote:
> Errr.... what *was* the question from the op??

if you look to the top of this post, you will see the original
question.. a good argument for bottom posting, so that whomever is
reading the thread can see who the OP was (littleohalloran in this case)
and follow the thread easily..

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 13, 2005, 9:47:24 PM12/13/05
littleohalloran wrote:

I had one, had a fun time getting it done and lost of fun times
afterwards!!!!

Both my family doctor and the urologist told me of all the risks,
including the rare risk of chronic pain afterwards. It is also
mentioned in the literature I was give and on most vasectomy sights on
the net (I researched it well before I had it done). None of the other
guys I know that had it done have chronic pain. I am definitely more
sensitive to injury (just a small bump causes more pain than it used to
before the surgery) but nothing worse than being a teenager was.

I highly recommend them to all men who have had all the kids they wish
to have.

I just wish they were retroactive ROFL!!!!

Tay

--
Ian 'Tay' Landry
255 Melrose Crescent Eastern Passage NS Canada B3G 1P7

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 13, 2005, 9:48:26 PM12/13/05
John van Gurp wrote:

Mine was fun. One of the nerves was not fully frozen. No pain, but
every time cauterized my right leg shook like a dog's when you rub its
belly!!!

--
Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Jack

Dec 13, 2005, 11:21:53 PM12/13/05
John...you had balls ??? never would have guessed

"John van Gurp" <j...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

Al Smith

Dec 13, 2005, 11:38:44 PM12/13/05
> Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
> know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
> himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.

Any man who lets a woman talk him into getting his sexual parts
surgically mutilated for her benefit has the brains of a hamster.

Jack

Dec 14, 2005, 12:00:21 AM12/14/05

"Al Smith" <inv...@address.com> wrote in message

ha ha..I like it...

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 6:27:26 AM12/14/05

I found some discomfort for a few days but that was it. I also watched two
deliveries; one by cesaerian and one very quick vaginal with episiotomy
and no drugs and brother let me tell you we got nothing to complain about!

Cheers,
John

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 6:36:29 AM12/14/05

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW wrote:

> Both my family doctor and the urologist told me of all the risks,
> including the rare risk of chronic pain afterwards. It is also
> mentioned in the literature I was give and on most vasectomy sights on
> the net (I researched it well before I had it done). None of the other
> guys I know that had it done have chronic pain. I am definitely more
> sensitive to injury (just a small bump causes more pain than it used to
> before the surgery) but nothing worse than being a teenager was.
>
> I highly recommend them to all men who have had all the kids they wish
> to have.
>
> I just wish they were retroactive ROFL!!!!

Also it's critical to go for confirmatory testing afterwards. They do
sometimes fail, as evidenced by a good friend of mine who fathered a baby
8 years after his "last" child. A little blessing like that can cause a
major life adjustment! And yes, it was confirmed he still had live
swimmers. Naturally, after his second vasectomy he went to the lab with a
sample!

Cheers,
John

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 7:54:59 AM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:38:44 GMT, Al Smith <inv...@address.com>
wrote:

Men frequently want women to surgically mutilate their sexual parts. I
figure if a women takes care of birth control for awhile, then the man
should get the vasectomy when childbearing is no longer on the menu.

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 8:05:07 AM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:27:26 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

You know that in other countries they do not do episiotomies ? I
think it is a savage idea and more for the doctor's convenience. Other
than that, you're correct :)

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 8:07:10 AM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:36:29 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

You need to ask the urologist if when he cuts he also turns the tube
back on itself and puts a small stitch in, extra security.

bob

Dec 14, 2005, 8:24:19 AM12/14/05

Sheena, have you seen those screen-like things to put on frying pans to
reduce fat spattering everywhere? They might reduce your screen cleaning
on a permanent basis. <bg>
Bob

Gimme_a_break

Dec 14, 2005, 8:51:56 AM12/14/05
Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
it's broke!
And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting anywhere
near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.

kdo

Dec 14, 2005, 9:09:51 AM12/14/05

.

> Men frequently want women to surgically mutilate their sexual parts. I
> figure if a women takes care of birth control for awhile, then the man
> should get the vasectomy when childbearing is no longer on the menu.

If you consider the affects the pill have on women who take it for long
periods, and the surgery/recovery time required for women who have their
tubes tied, it makes sense to have a vasectomy. I certainly can understand
why some men feel the way they do, it took me 2 years to agree to having it
done.

Gabby

Dec 14, 2005, 9:38:25 AM12/14/05

"Gimme_a_break" <ve...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
> it's broke!
> And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
> skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting
> anywhere near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I
> want the best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.

No kidding! I worked in a hospital where the only surgeon was an
obstetrician.. Great at cesearians, but when he tried his hand at
vasectomies the specimen that were sent to the lab contained no parts of the
vas deferens. A number of guys had to have their surgery repeated before
they stopped him from doing vasectomies. Remarkably, not one patient sued.

Gabby

Jack

Dec 14, 2005, 10:05:38 AM12/14/05

"kdo" <k...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
simple: storks bring kids..swallows don't lol

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 10:09:43 AM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:24:19 -0500, bob <bobr...@yahoo.nospamca>
wrote:

Good idea Heloise (VBG)

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 10:11:07 AM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:51:56 GMT, "Gimme_a_break" <ve...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
>it's broke!
>And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
>skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting anywhere
>near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
>best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.

'no matter how small' ? hah hah hah !

Gimme_a_break

Dec 14, 2005, 10:22:23 AM12/14/05
i'm 6'4", size 13 shoe...do the math!

"lucretia borgia" <lucreti...@florence.it> wrote in message

firecat

Dec 14, 2005, 11:00:28 AM12/14/05
Gimme_a_break wrote:
> i'm 6'4", size 13 shoe...do the math!

i know where you're coming from, but height and shoe size don't mean
squat.. trust me on this.. i've never dated a guy under 5'9" and most of
them were 6'

Gimme_a_break

Dec 14, 2005, 12:27:55 PM12/14/05
well you name the time and place...we'll be there!

"firecat" <fir...@someplace.com> wrote in message

firecat

Dec 14, 2005, 12:38:07 PM12/14/05

Gimme_a_break wrote:
> well you name the time and place...we'll be there!

not saying you aren't being truthful..just saying it's not always the
case.. height and shoe size are not necessarily equal to other sizes.. :)

bob

Dec 14, 2005, 12:51:35 PM12/14/05

Just trying to save you some work. The screen can go in the dishwasher,
unlike the monitor.
Bob

trif...@netscape.net

Dec 14, 2005, 2:07:50 PM12/14/05

littleohalloran wrote:
> Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
> know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
> himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.

I had mine 7 years ago. No serious problems, even though I had minor
soreness on 1 side during the adjustment period. I suspect reports of
chronic testicular pain due to vasectomy are vastly exaggerated. For
lots of good information on vasectomy--including many, many stories
submitted by men who have been through it--go to
www.vasectomy-information.com. There is also information there re:
successful treatments for the rare cases of "post vasectomy pain."

trifold
www.vasectomy-information.com
www.vasectomy-faq.org

trif...@netscape.net

Dec 14, 2005, 2:11:23 PM12/14/05

Gimme_a_break wrote:
> Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
> it's broke!
> And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
> skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting anywhere
> near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
> best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.

Vasectomy doesn't involve cutting on the balls. Only tiny tubes
carrying sperm are cut, leaving lots of other cord structures and
vessels intact--including those that circulate testosterone from the
testicles to the blood, those that supply the testicles with blood, and
the cords that hold them in place and make them go up and down.

trifold
www.vasectomy-information.com

Icarus

Dec 14, 2005, 2:23:20 PM12/14/05
Good afternoon. In MY attempt to stay on topic of your question, I had mine
done 2 weeks ago at the Dartmouth General.

Like ANY surgery, there are risks, however minor, during the procedure. Now,
2 weeks later, dissolving sutures are gone...very slight bump / raised area
where the small incision was done and just a slight tenderness. No problems
to date and none of my friends who've had theirs done years ago discussed
any post-op problems.

Steve

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 2:29:36 PM12/14/05

I heard a story from a friend who decided to "try out" the modified gear
far sooner than recommended. He said everything was fine until the point
of no return and then it was like a "flock of wild geese" flying out of
his arse. Anyway it's like the Sunkist orange - all juice and no seed...
Badoomba!

John

Gimme_a_break

Dec 14, 2005, 2:54:59 PM12/14/05

<trif...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> Gimme_a_break wrote:
>> Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
>> it's broke!
>> And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
>> skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting
>> anywhere
>> near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
>> best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.
>
> Vasectomy doesn't involve cutting on the balls. Only tiny tubes

Please read carefully, I said anywhere near them is cause enough for me to
ensure that I get the best nutcracker there is!

runmum

Dec 14, 2005, 4:22:04 PM12/14/05
lucretia borgia wrote:

> You need to ask the urologist if when he cuts he also turns the tube
> back on itself and puts a small stitch in, extra security.

They don't usually just cut these days, they burn, er, "cauterize" the
tubes. It's still almost nothing compared to nine months of pregnancy
and hours of labour, times 3 in our family.

Donna

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 4:35:52 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:51:35 -0500, bob <bobr...@yahoo.nospamca>
wrote:

You skipping the Maritimes this Christmas ? Are you coming down in
the future ?

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 4:40:32 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:29:36 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

Give us all the details John, you may have missed something lol

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 5:26:19 PM12/14/05

That's the whole story (npi)... I didn't ask him for any more details as I
was wingeing already at the concept.
Cheers,
John

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:20:16 PM12/14/05

Cauterizing the end works well. That's what they do with tubal
ligations in women now.

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:22:25 PM12/14/05

In the case of single women, it's better for them to take matters
into their own hands if they want to have sex but not babies/ It's
different for a couple and I would agree with you that it's a prime
opportunity for the male to take his turn at birth control.

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:23:43 PM12/14/05

When I decided to have my tubes tied, I was back to work the next
day with no more pain than what I had with a particularly difficult
period.

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:26:06 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:05:07 GMT, lucretia borgia
<lucreti...@florence.it> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:27:26 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
>wrote:

>>> I would agree that it is a relatively minor procedure however; to say it is
>>> painless is an understatement
>>

>>I found some discomfort for a few days but that was it. I also watched two
>>deliveries; one by cesaerian and one very quick vaginal with episiotomy
>>and no drugs and brother let me tell you we got nothing to complain about!
>>
>>Cheers,
>>John
>
>You know that in other countries they do not do episiotomies ? I
>think it is a savage idea and more for the doctor's convenience. Other
>than that, you're correct :)

Healing from a neatly done episiotomy was preferable for me than
the high chance of tearing. It meant getting him out quicker and that
was fine with me!

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:28:09 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:00:28 GMT, firecat <fir...@someplace.com>
wrote:

>Gimme_a_break wrote:
>> i'm 6'4", size 13 shoe...do the math!
>
>i know where you're coming from, but height and shoe size don't mean
>squat.. trust me on this.. i've never dated a guy under 5'9" and most of
>them were 6'

Too much information ! :-)

Donna Whitman

Dec 14, 2005, 6:30:39 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:54:59 GMT, "Gimme_a_break" <ve...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

><trif...@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Gimme_a_break wrote:
>>> Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
>>> it's broke!
>>> And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
>>> skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting
>>> anywhere
>>> near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
>>> best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.
>>
>> Vasectomy doesn't involve cutting on the balls. Only tiny tubes
>
>Please read carefully, I said anywhere near them is cause enough for me to
>ensure that I get the best nutcracker there is!

Dr. Bell ... best urologist in town. He did Kevin's orchiectomy.
Look that one up on Google. ;-)

kdo

Dec 14, 2005, 6:47:02 PM12/14/05
> When I decided to have my tubes tied, I was back to work the next
> day with no more pain than what I had with a particularly difficult
> period.

My wife told me she would be down and out for weeks.... we need to have a
talk :^)

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 14, 2005, 7:13:52 PM12/14/05
Al Smith wrote:

>> Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
>> know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
>> himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.
>

> Any man who lets a woman talk him into getting his sexual parts
> surgically mutilated for her benefit has the brains of a hamster.

Her benefit? My benefit man!!!!!!!!!! I got me 4 kids and don't want
not more.

Tay

--

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

255 Melrose Crescent Eastern Passage NS Canada B3G 1P7
Ph: (902)479-2254 Cell: (902)830-2254 Fax: (902)431-0374
Email: t...@eastlink.ca

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 14, 2005, 7:15:31 PM12/14/05
lucretia borgia wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:36:29 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
>wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW wrote:
>>

>>>Both my family doctor and the urologist told me of all the risks,
>>>including the rare risk of chronic pain afterwards. It is also
>>>mentioned in the literature I was give and on most vasectomy sights on
>>>the net (I researched it well before I had it done). None of the other
>>>guys I know that had it done have chronic pain. I am definitely more
>>>sensitive to injury (just a small bump causes more pain than it used to
>>>before the surgery) but nothing worse than being a teenager was.
>>>
>>>I highly recommend them to all men who have had all the kids they wish
>>>to have.
>>>
>>>I just wish they were retroactive ROFL!!!!
>>>

>>Also it's critical to go for confirmatory testing afterwards. They do
>>sometimes fail, as evidenced by a good friend of mine who fathered a baby
>>8 years after his "last" child. A little blessing like that can cause a
>>major life adjustment! And yes, it was confirmed he still had live
>>swimmers. Naturally, after his second vasectomy he went to the lab with a
>>sample!
>>
>>Cheers,
>>John
>>

>You need to ask the urologist if when he cuts he also turns the tube
>back on itself and puts a small stitch in, extra security.

Now they put a clip on it and cauterize the ends.

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 14, 2005, 7:16:18 PM12/14/05
Gimme_a_break wrote:

>Thought about it, but I figure don't mess with what God gave you, unless
>it's broke!
>And there is no such thing as a simple procedure. These procedures take
>skill no matter how small. Frankly, if I am to have someone cutting anywhere
>near my balls, let alone on them directly, you better believe I want the
>best! So make sure you check out the Dr. before hand.

Or at least check the expiration date on your home vasectomy kit!!!!!

Al Smith

Dec 14, 2005, 8:19:21 PM12/14/05
>>Men frequently want women to surgically mutilate their sexual parts. I
>>>figure if a women takes care of birth control for awhile, then the man
>>>should get the vasectomy when childbearing is no longer on the menu.
>

> In the case of single women, it's better for them to take matters
> into their own hands if they want to have sex but not babies/ It's
> different for a couple and I would agree with you that it's a prime
> opportunity for the male to take his turn at birth control.

I don't regard surgery as a reasonable form of birth control. Not
for humans, anyway.

Al Smith

Dec 14, 2005, 8:22:24 PM12/14/05
>> Any man who lets a woman talk him into getting his sexual parts surgically mutilated for her benefit has the brains of a hamster.
>

> Her benefit? My benefit man!!!!!!!!!! I got me 4 kids and don't want not more.
>
> Tay

Well, I hear what you're saying, but the thought of getting cut
down there gives me a queasy feeling.

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 14, 2005, 8:31:39 PM12/14/05
Al Smith wrote:

I do. Wish I could get my kids done!!!

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 8:39:46 PM12/14/05

I remember the crunching sound of the scissors... yowza.
John

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 8:45:39 PM12/14/05

Far better than drugs and rubbers! Once you know you're done with breeding
it's the best possible option. The woman taking the Pill is a serious
health risk, rubbers get kind of tiresome, there's no such thing as
pulling the train out of the station "in time", etc. A vasectomy is a
simple, 100% effective procedure with minimal risk. That's why it's so
darn popular.

Cheers,
John

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 8:49:23 PM12/14/05

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Al Smith wrote:

That's natural, but the whole procedure is not at all a big deal. There
are far tougher trials in life. Staying up all night with a sick kid is
worse. Finding you owe a couple grand on income tax is right up there with
the queasy thing too. Dental work sucks to but you do it anyway. Imagine
having an unwanted baby while unemployed or stretched to the max with
bills. That would suck big time.... far worse than having a small snippy
snip. Think about women who have to go to gynecologists every year for a
pap smear. They seem tough enough to deal with it.

Cheers,
John

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 8:51:53 PM12/14/05
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:19:21 GMT, Al Smith <inv...@address.com>
wrote:

>>>Men frequently want women to surgically mutilate their sexual parts. I

I do. The pill was okay, but not indefinitely and then after that,
just when you have a family and would prefer no additions, what else?
If the female has been on the pill, then the simple alternative is a
vasectomy, his turn now. So long as both parties are sure any longing
for another child is done.

John van Gurp

Dec 14, 2005, 8:53:13 PM12/14/05

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW wrote:

> Al Smith wrote:
> >
> > I don't regard surgery as a reasonable form of birth control. Not for
> > humans, anyway.
>
> I do. Wish I could get my kids done!!!

Geez Ian I imagined you would want grandkids on the knee. Maybe you just
want to know your kids will have some effective birth control at all
important times. I feel the same way and have had open and frank
discussions with mine. Thank goodness the schools seem to be doing a good
job of educating them in this regard.

Cheers,
John

lucretia borgia

Dec 14, 2005, 8:54:12 PM12/14/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:39:46 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Donna Whitman wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:05:07 GMT, lucretia borgia
>> <lucreti...@florence.it> wrote:

>> >You know that in other countries they do not do episiotomies ? I
>> >think it is a savage idea and more for the doctor's convenience. Other
>> >than that, you're correct :)
>>
>> Healing from a neatly done episiotomy was preferable for me than
>> the high chance of tearing. It meant getting him out quicker and that
>> was fine with me!
>

>I remember the crunching sound of the scissors... yowza.
>John

Quite. A little tear is preferable and no stitches afterwards.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gabby

Dec 14, 2005, 10:11:08 PM12/14/05

"John van Gurp" <j...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message

> I remember the crunching sound of the scissors... yowza.

That's what always got me when I attended a delivery (I had the same
reaction to the ratcheting shut of the tenaculum when I assisted at IUD
insertions) but when the time came for me to have one (and a second and a
third), I never even noticed -- hubby OTOH went weak in the knees each time.

For the record, studies have shown that tears heal better than episiotomies.
It's not unknown for doctors, on being questioned by the women about the
necessity for episiotomies, to mention 'satisfaction of the husband after
the repair'.

Gabby

Gabby

Dec 14, 2005, 10:13:33 PM12/14/05

"Punk" <pu...@spamme.ca> wrote in message

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:39:46 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca>
> wrote:
>>I remember the crunching sound of the scissors... yowza.
>>John
>

> Good grief man, you've more balls than I do, or you did, or still do.
> I don't know. I'm scared and confused.

The sound he refers to is the sound of the scissors cutting into the woman's
perineum during the episiotomy, not the sound when he had his vasectomy.

Gabby

Message has been deleted

Al Smith

Dec 15, 2005, 1:26:27 AM12/15/05

I think the answer is obvious. We guys should just never get
married. We should pub crawl our way through life until we're too
old to raise a mug, and then lie down by the curb in front of the
house on garbage day and wait for pickup.

Al Smith

Dec 15, 2005, 1:27:27 AM12/15/05
>> Healing from a neatly done episiotomy was preferable for me than
>>> the high chance of tearing. It meant getting him out quicker and that
>>> was fine with me!
>

> I remember the crunching sound of the scissors... yowza.
> John

Oooh! Yeah, ouch! Great. Thanks for that.

lucretia borgia

Dec 15, 2005, 7:27:54 AM12/15/05
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:04:31 GMT, pu...@spamme.ca (Punk) wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:53:13 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
>
>>I feel the same way and have had open and frank
>>discussions with mine.
>

>All that plus I'm spreading anonymous rumours about myself locally,
>about being a degenerative psychopath with an extensive exotic
>weapons collection.
>
>That ought to keep some of those little buggers at bay.
>

>Punk

Easy to tell you have daughters lol

lucretia borgia

Dec 15, 2005, 7:34:51 AM12/15/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:11:08 -0400, "Gabby" <Lavol...@msn.com>
wrote:

That's exactly what a doctor friend told me. I didn't have them and
neither did my daughters, when they asked not to have one there was no
argument with their decision. Both delivered at the old Grace in
Halifax.

Nothing dire happened to my sexual life after giving birth to three
children sans episiotomy.

Gabby

Dec 15, 2005, 9:47:59 AM12/15/05

"lucretia borgia" <lucreti...@florence.it> wrote in message

When I trained we were told the reason for an episiotomy was that tears
could extend through the rectal muscles and you wanted to avoid that at all
cost. But after helping out in the delivery room of my local hospital, at
the time staffed exclusively by British nurse-midwives, I saw that the rate
of episiotomies was much lower than at most Canadian hospitals with no
greater incidence of complications from tears. Of course when my turn came
to deliver in that hospital the ob/gyn who was overseeing the new midwife
insisted on "a nice big episiotomy". For a 6.5 lb baby with a very little
head that seemed like overkill but at that point I didn't care. Subsequent
deliveries were handled the same way.

Gabby

lucretia borgia

Dec 15, 2005, 10:13:20 AM12/15/05

I suspect the chance of rectal muscles being torn is as great either
way. The woman I know who suffered one had an episiotomy. It
certainly wasn't pleasant for her but there it is, childbirth has some
inherent risks, large and small.

I had my third in Tokyo and they didn't do them there either. He was a
placenta previa breech at 8 months and although perhaps if
episiotomies really do speed things up it would have been better, he
didn't do it. He just ever so gently, disentangled everything and
dumped the ugliest baby you ever did see on me :) What a mess!

BG

Dec 15, 2005, 10:38:10 AM12/15/05
Not to scare anyone here, but as many have said any surgery has its risks.

A friend of mine had a vasectomy about 10 yrs ago and has suffered chronic
pain ever since. The only solution, he was told, to repair the problem IF a
reversal didn't work was castration... YIKES!

I did some research and found this site. Although we do not live in the
west, this doctor took the time to call when I emailed him about my friend
and his problems.

Have a read through his site, particularly his procedures and video.Rather
informative, many urologists denounce post vasectomy pain syndrome.

http://www.pollockclinics.com/questions_post.html

Regards,
BG

Gabby

Dec 15, 2005, 10:48:48 AM12/15/05

"BG" <dol_...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Not to scare anyone here, but as many have said any surgery has its risks.
>
> A friend of mine had a vasectomy about 10 yrs ago and has suffered chronic
> pain ever since. The only solution, he was told, to repair the problem IF
> a reversal didn't work was castration... YIKES!

Chronic pain would be due to nerve damage and I don't see how that could be
improved by going back in and fiddling around some more doing microsurgery
to repair the vasectomy. OTOH, a bilateral orchidectomy seems so drastic.
;o)

Gabby

BG

Dec 15, 2005, 11:06:34 AM12/15/05
Totally agree with you Gabby! However this is what he had been told. Sad as
it is, I think anyone having any surgery should always obtain a second
opinion.

BG
"Gabby" <Lavol...@msn.com> wrote in message

bob

Dec 15, 2005, 11:56:47 AM12/15/05
Orchids in the genital region? I knew that they were exotic flowers, but
... My doctor never mentionned it, but then I never had any pain, just
what seems like two things blocking the pipes.
Bob

Marilyn E. Burford

Dec 15, 2005, 3:09:19 PM12/15/05
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, kdo wrote:

> > When I decided to have my tubes tied, I was back to work the next
> > day with no more pain than what I had with a particularly difficult
> > period.
>
> My wife told me she would be down and out for weeks.... we need to have a
> talk :^)

Unlike Donna I couldn't have gone back to work the next day but weeks?
Nah. The day it was actually done I was totally wiped out the rest of the
day...afereffects of anesthesia. HAD to stay in bed...every time I tried
to get up i nearly fainted.
MB

Marilyn E. Burford

Dec 15, 2005, 3:17:55 PM12/15/05
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Punk wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:53:13 -0400, John van Gurp <j...@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
>
> >I feel the same way and have had open and frank
> >discussions with mine.
>

> All that plus I'm spreading anonymous rumours about myself locally,
> about being a degenerative psychopath with an extensive exotic
> weapons collection.
>
> That ought to keep some of those little buggers at bay.

Let me guess....you threaten 'em with Shock & Awe? ;)

M.

lucretia borgia

Dec 15, 2005, 5:38:21 PM12/15/05

A wood chipper would be a greater threat :)

firecat

Dec 15, 2005, 6:33:36 PM12/15/05

I'm having mine done in the New Year, sometime after Valentine's Day.
Ironically, that's the date of the consult with the surgeon, lol.
Remind me then and I'll let ya know how long I'm down for. lol

Rich Johnson

Dec 15, 2005, 7:00:11 PM12/15/05
"littleohalloran" <littleo...@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Have any of you men had a vasectomy? I'm writing a story on a fellow I
> know who found out the risks after his surgery. He said many men, like
> himself, have chronic pain daily afterwards.

No pain, no swimmers, but I did have a 3rd nut for a while

--
Rich
Enfield NS

trif...@netscape.net

Dec 16, 2005, 4:27:33 PM12/16/05

BG wrote:
> Not to scare anyone here, but as many have said any surgery has its risks.
>
> A friend of mine had a vasectomy about 10 yrs ago and has suffered chronic
> pain ever since. The only solution, he was told, to repair the problem IF a
> reversal didn't work was castration... YIKES!

I don't know who told him this, but I hope he got a second opinion.
nerve denervation of the spermatic cord and removal of scar tissue are
rather less drastic solutions, depending on the source of the pain.

trifold
www.vasectomy-information.com

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW

Dec 16, 2005, 5:27:44 PM12/16/05
John van Gurp wrote:

Ya, would just get them done temporarily, till about 25 or so :-))

--

Ian 'Tay' Landry, MA MSW