Tribel

Donna Whitman

Dec 3, 2022, 7:49:20 PM12/3/22
OK ... so I've been on Tribel for 2-3 weeks not. Like the way the platform works with groups, subject threading, etc. but they have a serious issue - sexual harassment or at least unwanted attention. The involved profiles are suspiciously missing posts and have profile shots that are either soft porn or "come hither" looks. Most of them simultaneously send flirtatious messages DESPITE my making it clear in my posts that I'm a senior. Stopped that by restricting DM's to friends only so now they're sending friend requests. More trouble than its worth. Deactivating my account since 3 messages to Support have gone unanswered.

Wasn't very impressed with Mastodon so it's Twitter or I''m outta social media I guess.

florence.it

Dec 3, 2022, 9:11:41 PM12/3/22
So far I am staying with twitter, think it depends a bit on whom you
follow, I love my cat and dog stuff etc. and tend to follow an
Ontarian female who thinks much like me. So maybe I am not seeing some
evil stuff.

Mastodon is improving as I find people I want to watch, follow one
photographer in the UK and he takes lovely pics of Orkney which I love
etc. Slow though because I guess the technicality is smaller. BTW I
clicked on the Canadian Mastadon, so that saves me from a lot of stuff
I think :)

Donna Whitman

Dec 4, 2022, 9:03:07 AM12/4/22
I was on Canadian Mastodon and just followed people I wanted to see. Couldn't get around some of their issues though. I'm sure they'll improve and I may go back if Twitter closes down. I've found ways that work for me to elmiinate most of the nastiness on Twitter and I do enjoy the people I interact with - a large number of whom are cats and dogs. The animal accounts are entertaining and often informative. Also follow a handful of celebrities who are anything BUT the airheads people often make then out to be, Felt I'd reached some sort of pinnacle when one of them re-tweeted a response I'd sent him.

florence.it

Dec 4, 2022, 10:06:15 AM12/4/22
On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 06:03:05 -0800 (PST), Donna Whitman
Yes, I was surprised to find I really liked Bette Midlers posts :)

Donna Whitman

Dec 4, 2022, 4:06:40 PM12/4/22
She's one of the celebrities I follow. Another who's got a good head on his shoulders is Rob Reiner. The one who retweeted something I posted is Eric Braeden. You have to be a daytime TV watcher to know who he is. He's had the same role for 40 years.

florence.it

Dec 4, 2022, 5:33:14 PM12/4/22
On Sun, 4 Dec 2022 13:06:39 -0800 (PST), Donna Whitman
Yes I see Rob Reiner too but don't know Braeden lol

Donna Whitman

Dec 8, 2022, 11:18:25 AM12/8/22
Eric Braeden plays a ruthless businessman not unlike DJT. He's pretty bluntly honest in real life too and doesn't mince his words when he takes someone on. He can be pretty brutal without ever uttering a 4 letter word