Idiots and bigger idiots!

Lucretia Borgia

Jan 8, 2022, 4:56:15 PM1/8/22
Prominent Anti-Vaxx Influencer Cirsten Weldon Dies Of COVID-19

Tanvi Akhauri
January 8, 2022
Cirsten Weldon, a vocal and active anti-vaxxer who was urging her
social
media following against taking the COVID-19 vaccine, has succumbed to
the virus. As per reports, Weldon began showing symptoms of the
infection in December 2021 and was soon hospitalised in California.

She was referring to her condition as “bacterial pneumonia” on social
media and allegedly refused to take the remdesivir treatment in the
days
leading up to her death. A post on her Instagram showed her in an
oxygen
mask. As reported by Daily Beast, her last video posted on December 28
also showed her coughing and struggling to speak.

Weldon was a known supporter of former US President Donald Trump and a
QAnon conspiracy theory influencer pushing far-right ideologies on the
internet. During the pandemic, a convergence of QAnon theories and
COVID-19 myths have been noted.

Reports suggest Weldon’s anti-vaccine activities extended beyond the
virtual space and the influencer also allegedly harassed people
standing
in line for COVID-19 vaccines in the US. “The vaccines kill, don’t get
it!” she allegedly screamed in public, according to a video, calling
people getting vaccines “idiots.”

In other videos, she positioned herself as a leading critic of US
health
expert Dr Anthony Fauci, who has been directing the country’s health
system during the pandemic, and allegedly wanted him to be “hung from
rope.”

Weldon’s anti-vaxx compatriots are, according to reports, expressing
anguish over her death and claim they will initiate action against the
hospital where she died.

James Warren

Jan 8, 2022, 7:20:53 PM1/8/22
She is only one among many anti-vaxxers who have succumbed to the
virus. They are a tough breed though. Such facts will not change
their minds. They have faith. They are true believers. :)

HRM Resident

Jan 9, 2022, 7:50:59 AM1/9/22
There is balance in nature.

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Jan 9, 2022, 4:34:28 PM1/9/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2022-01-08 5:56 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:

>snip<

>> Weldon’s anti-vaxx compatriots are, according to reports, expressing
>> anguish over her death and claim they will initiate action against the
>> hospital where she died.
>
> She is only one among many anti-vaxxers who have succumbed to the
> virus. They are a tough breed though. Such facts will not change
> their minds. They have faith. They are true believers. :)

Anti-vaxxers are like bedbugs. Once a place is infested with them,
it’s pretty hard to get rid of them.

--
HRM Resident

Lucretia Borgia

Jan 9, 2022, 5:44:36 PM1/9/22
That's a brilliant analogy!

HRM Resident

Jan 9, 2022, 7:59:06 PM1/9/22
I first thought of cockroaches, but bedbugs are worse. Bedbugs will
stick to your luggage and follow you to the 4 corners** of the earth! :-)

**Flat Earth Society members believe that Earth is a cube. You can
have fun with them if you can keep saying, “And tell me more” without
laughing. I know a couple who are well educated, but still think it’s a
cube. Keeping a straight face is the challenging part. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Jan 9, 2022, 9:07:18 PM1/9/22
Nonsense! It's a dodecahedron.

Mike Spencer

Jan 9, 2022, 11:40:28 PM1/9/22

HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:

> Flat Earth Society members believe that Earth is a cube. You can
> have fun with them if you can keep saying, "and tell me more"
> without laughing. I know a couple who are well educated, but still
> think it's a cube.

Didn't know that. I thought they believed in something like Sir Terry
Pratchett's Diskworld where it's possible to sail over the Rim. Yes,
it sits on the backs of 4 stupendous Elephants who in turn stand on the
shell of an even more stupendous Turtle. Just one turtle; it's not
"turtles all the way down".

Have you ever thought about what an even roughly cubical world would
look like? Six separate oceans, 8 stupendous mountains.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

HRM Resident

Jan 10, 2022, 10:03:27 AM1/10/22
Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

> HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:
>

>snip<

> Didn't know that. I thought they believed in something like Sir Terry
> Pratchett's Diskworld where it's possible to sail over the Rim. Yes,
> it sits on the backs of 4 stupendous Elephants who in turn stand on the
> shell of an even more stupendous Turtle. Just one turtle; it's not
> "turtles all the way down".
>
> Have you ever thought about what an even roughly cubical world would
> look like? Six separate oceans, 8 stupendous mountains.

I really don’t know what the “official” position of the Flat Earth
Society is on the exact shape. The couple I refer to have travelled by air
from Eastern Europe to the Hawaiian Islands and to Australia and New
Zealand. I did ask why it looks curved at 38,000 feet, and the response
was “they” put special glass in airplane windows to fool the rest of us.

I only got the cube version from two members. According to the
Internet (I just searched now), it is a disk! I guess I was misinformed.
Here’s what they say:

“Of all the conspiracy theories that litter the Internet, the flat Earth
conspiracy is quite possibly the most curious. After all, the ancient
Greeks figured out the planet's shape (and even its circumference) in the
third century B.C.

But a fringe society founded in the 1950s, dedicated to insisting that the
Earth is flat, has given rise to a modern ground of flat Earth adherents.
These believers claim that the Earth is a flat disc, and that evidence that
it is round — say, pictures taken from space — are an elaborate hoax
involving multiple governments. Opinions differ on exactly how the flat
Earth works, with believers concocting elaborate versions of physics and
creative interpretations of the solar system to make their theories work.”

There’s also a Belgian band called Flat Earth Society. Anyway, I
slowly changed the subject when they told me one corner was in eastern
Newfoundland and another somewhere in Alaska. We were having lunch and I
was afraid I lose my ability to control my mirth and spit out a mouthful of
food all over the table!

I didn’t hear elephant theory, but years ago stumbled across the
“turtles all the way down” foolishness. I don’t recall where or when I
read it. My brain has a limited ability to store sources of nonsense.

Anyway, the snow and ice is 90% gone and I am grateful for that. I’m
not sure who or what to be grateful to, but the bare ground looks good,
regardless of it’s contribution to whatever shape it belongs to! :-)

--
HRM Resident