Market Place

HRM Resident

Feb 1, 2024, 5:15:14 AMFeb 1
A couple of posts recently have mentioned Market Place
(the CBC consumer affairs program.) This is one of the
last and longest running shows that tells us what the big
companies (and smaller outfits too) are up to.

There is little doubt in my mind this last bastion of
protection will have to be axed by the CBC when the
Conservatives form government in about 1.5 years. They
are openly promising to slash and gut the CBC. And
stupid people will buy into this nonsense and put in a
government that has will screw the middle and lower
class.

Arrgghh!

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Feb 1, 2024, 6:10:45 AMFeb 1
The CBC tries to be logical and fair minded. Many of their shows seek
out scammers, frauds and liars. That is, they are liberal, too Liberal
and must be quashed and silenced.

Being financed by the government, they must tow the government line. He
who pays the piper calls the tune.

This is the Conservative way!

The CBC is lucky to have survived so long.

Long live the CBC.

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 1, 2024, 7:04:20 AMFeb 1
Definitely! I also like Fifth Estate, it has been great this season,
starting with Buffy St Marie. Tomorrow night they are re-visiting
Bangladesh to check on the procedures they promised to change after
all those people died stitching stuff for Joe Fresh several years ago.

HRM Resident

Feb 1, 2024, 8:03:12 AMFeb 1
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the Conservative way!
>
> The CBC is lucky to have survived so long.
>
> Long live the CBC.

Whatever they have morphed into, the Conservatives of
the 21st century are not what we were used to in the 20th
century. My biggest problem with them worldwide is that
they are circumventing true democracy because they
bypass a free and independent press.

The media holds government officials and institutions
accountable for their actions by reporting on their
performance, uncovering malpractices, and spotlighting
potential corruption. I only remember back to the
Diefenbaker days. Love him or hate him (and his
successors), they did not bypass the media.

Social media changed all this. Trump perfected it, and
our current hide-from-the-press opposition leader is
following the same path. Keep it simple for the stupid.
Bleat out stuff like MAGA and Axe The Tax on social
media, don’t hold press conferences, and repeat the
big lies. A proven method of RWA for a long time.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Feb 1, 2024, 9:30:01 AMFeb 1
Well, of course, you can't submit yourself to public scrutiny because
they may see behind the charade.

HRM Resident

Feb 1, 2024, 10:27:42 AMFeb 1
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, of course, you can't submit yourself to
> public scrutiny because they may see behind the
> charade.
Exactly. The press is the 4th column of democracy. Stalin,
Hitler, Mussolini, Putin, Xi, etc. all knew or know this. What worries
me is that now people in our back yards, and now in our own country, are
using the same techniques and getting away with it.

We agree on something. This is no fun. I bet you are fat and ugly
IRL! :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Feb 1, 2024, 10:49:51 AMFeb 1
lucr...@florence.it writes:

> Definitely! I also like Fifth Estate, it has been great this season,
> starting with Buffy St Marie. Tomorrow night they are re-visiting
> Bangladesh to check on the procedures they promised to change after
> all those people died stitching stuff for Joe Fresh several years ago.
The Fith Estate is also a good one. I have mostly bought clothes
from 2nd hand stores like the SA Thrift stores, Frenchies and Value
Village.

About 6-7 years ago, I decided to "splurge" and bought a couple of
shirts online from Joe Fresh. They were marked as 100% cotton. When I
got them, they were 40% polyester. Thankfully SuperStore is a reseller
for them . . . an hour after I got them they were at the service counter
at the nearby SS and I got a full refund. That's ass Joe Mimran, who is
the owner of Joe Fresh, used to be on Dragon's Den bragging about his
money like the rest of them.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Feb 1, 2024, 12:50:47 PMFeb 1
You win!!

Mike Spencer

Feb 1, 2024, 7:18:28 PMFeb 1

James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Being financed by the government, they must tow the government line.

<NITPICK>

s/tow/toe/

</nitpick>

> Long live the CBC.

Yes.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

HRM Resident

Feb 1, 2024, 7:41:47 PMFeb 1
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You win!!

This is a demonstration, not a competition. No
wagering, please. (With apologies to David Letterman!)

--
HRM Resident

John van Gurp

Feb 20, 2024, 3:10:36 PMFeb 20
On 2024-02-01 6:15 a.m., HRM Resident wrote:
It's so dismaying to contemplate the loss of this great program and all
the others that will undoubtedly fall if PeePee is elected.

--
Best regards,
John