Ping Axemen

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 10, 2021, 2:34:12 PM11/10/21
I tried emailing you this a.m. used the yahoo addy but it bounced,
nothing important.

axemen99

Nov 10, 2021, 5:35:46 PM11/10/21
On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> I tried emailing you this a.m. used the yahoo addy but it bounced,
> nothing important.

Please use my gmail axemen99 at gmail dot com

I have just sent you this video link to your gmail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1alwobgHoQ
where I worked before I retired.

axemen99

Nov 16, 2021, 9:18:42 AM11/16/21
On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 2:34:12 PM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> I tried emailing you this a.m. used the yahoo addy but it bounced,
> nothing important.

With the borders now open, Canadian can get the FREE PCR test at selected Walgreen drug store locations before returning to Canada, a requirement for entry to Canada -
Maine
https://www.maine.gov/covid19/testing
Vermont
https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/testing/where-get-tested

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 16, 2021, 11:32:54 AM11/16/21
My daughter was wondering about that, will let her know!

axemen99

Nov 17, 2021, 12:04:02 PM11/17/21
On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 11:32:54 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> My daughter was wondering about that, will let her know!

CBC reporter phoned a few of those US locations to confirm that they are available and free for Canadians.
CAT ferry will restart in 2022 hopefully. Driving will still my choice compared to CAT ferry.

From US in 2019, I drove to St Stephens via "Calais - International Avenue" Canadian border crossing, then to Moncton NB
https://bwt.cbp.gov/details/05011503/POV
Lots of trucks along this way.
(Road to Belleville, NB/Houlton, ME may have better roads for passenger cars.)

Return trip, I took the Digby-Saint John ferry, then I used "St. Stephen, NB/Calais, ME" US border crossing
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/bwt-taf/

Mike Spencer

Nov 17, 2021, 2:36:53 PM11/17/21

axemen99 <axem...@gmail.com> writes:

> From US in 2019, I drove to St Stephens via "Calais - International
> Avenue" Canadian border crossing, then to Moncton NB

I last drove to the US over 20 years ago. At that time there was
evidence that they were upgrading the 100 mile-long Rt. 9 between
Bangor and Calais. Before that I'd driven Rt. 9 many times, twisty,
narrow, hummocky. Nice rural drive if the weather was good and you
weren't in a hurry. I once had a flat at just about the half-way
point, discovered my spare was flat too. But whaddya know, I was 100
yards from the only service station for 40 or 50 miles in either
direction.

So is Rt. 9 a pretty good road now?

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

axemen99

Nov 17, 2021, 8:29:41 PM11/17/21
Rt. 9 is still "twisty, narrow, hummocky". Roads might have been repaved twice, by the State of Maine. Scary sometimes, I thought that it was the wrong road.

The only improvement that I can see is that they have two border control stations now.
The new one is the International Avenue entrance, very comfortable and convenient, while keeping the old downtown Calais entrance.
Irvin built a large gas station on US side, right before the border controls, very comfortable.

Rt. 95 to Woodstock, NB/Houlton, ME should have better road, supported by the US federal government. Double lanes rather than single lane along Rt.9. I guess "live and learn."

I picked up a nail along downtown Bridgewater, near a construction site, along LaHave River, on return trip with my Honda CRV. I managed to visit Peggy's Cove, took the Saint John ferry, overnight at Bangor Maine, visited the Acadia National Park, drove along Maine coast to return to Boston area, then fixed the nailed tire.