Happy Birthday...

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 28, 2023, 8:49:26 AM2/28/23
To Mike Spencer - hope you have a good one and hope I have this
correct as the calendar did not transpose to my new computer
completely flawlessly :-)

Mike Spencer

Feb 28, 2023, 2:49:21 PM2/28/23
You're right on, TYVM. Haven't made the chocolate layer cake yet
but we had the birthday dinner of lasagne & red wine last night.
(Peggy is recovered enough from her August surgery to make a lasagne,
one that upstages anything from a restaurant by an order of magnitude.)

What reflections on age? We're watching DVD movies 50 or 60 years old
that I saw in the theater when they were released. But when I was
seeing them in the theater, a 40 year old movie wasn't even a talkie
and the only 60 y.o. movies were experimental proof-of-concept shorts
locked away in museums or private collections.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 28, 2023, 6:18:58 PM2/28/23
On 28 Feb 2023 15:49:18 -0400, Mike Spencer
<m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> wrote:

>lucr...@florence.it writes:
>
>> To Mike Spencer - hope you have a good one and hope I have this
>> correct as the calendar did not transpose to my new computer
>> completely flawlessly :-)
>
>You're right on, TYVM. Haven't made the chocolate layer cake yet
>but we had the birthday dinner of lasagne & red wine last night.
>(Peggy is recovered enough from her August surgery to make a lasagne,
>one that upstages anything from a restaurant by an order of magnitude.)

You are very lucky, fiddly item to make!

>What reflections on age? We're watching DVD movies 50 or 60 years old
>that I saw in the theater when they were released. But when I was
>seeing them in the theater, a 40 year old movie wasn't even a talkie
>and the only 60 y.o. movies were experimental proof-of-concept shorts
>locked away in museums or private collections.

I enjoyed Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines but can't
think of any since lol OTOH as a kid I was in the east and they
weren't much into movies, think the only one I saw was the Queens
wedding.

Glad it was a nice day for you, snow again tomorrow :)