Testing testing testing

John van Gurp

Feb 20, 2024, 6:29:22 AMFeb 20
Hello people of hfx.general

I hope this worked!

--
Best regards,
John

John van Gurp

Feb 20, 2024, 6:43:01 AMFeb 20
On 2024-02-20 7:29 a.m., John van Gurp wrote:
> Hello people of hfx.general
>
> I hope this worked!

This is the first time I've used an actual Usenet client in many
years... it's a refreshing change over Google Groups.

--
Best regards,
John

NSBooklady

Feb 20, 2024, 6:44:23 AMFeb 20
On 2/20/2024 7:29 AM, John van Gurp wrote:
> Hello people of hfx.general
>
> I hope this worked!

Yay! It took me a few tries and a few lost messages to figure it out but
things are moving well now.

One of the problems I had was, when I hit reply, the To field had the
name of the person I was replying to but the NG field was empty. Those
messages never reached the server. If I added the NG name and replied,
it deleted my reply. There has to be a better way to do this but I now
delete the To field and add hfx.general in the NG field and presto!

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 20, 2024, 7:02:48 AMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 07:29:19 -0400, John van Gurp <jvan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello people of hfx.general
>
>I hope this worked!

It did!

HRM Resident

Feb 20, 2024, 7:58:08 AMFeb 20
Seems to work fine. I have been using ES for at least
10 years (off and on, sometimes use Astraweb.) I do not
recall the email verification process, but that might be
new.

Either way, nice to see John and Donna posting again.
:-)

--
HRM Resident

John van Gurp

Feb 20, 2024, 10:07:23 AMFeb 20
Are you sure? Check again and if you didn't get this message I will send
it again.

John van Gurp

Feb 20, 2024, 10:07:53 AMFeb 20
It sure is great using a real news client.

--
Best regards,
John

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 20, 2024, 4:51:07 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:07:21 -0400, John van Gurp <jvan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 2024-02-20 8:02 a.m., lucr...@florence.it wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 07:29:19 -0400, John van Gurp <jvan...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello people of hfx.general
>>>
>>> I hope this worked!
>>
>> It did!
>
>Are you sure? Check again and if you didn't get this message I will send
>it again.

If I hadn't had it, how would I have known to say it worked??? lol

Mike Spencer

Feb 20, 2024, 5:38:43 PMFeb 20

NSBooklady <NSBoo...@gmail.com> writes:

> One of the problems I had was, when I hit reply, the To field had the
> name of the person I was replying to but the NG field was empty. Those
> messages never reached the server. If I added the NG name and replied,
> it deleted my reply. There has to be a better way to do this but I now
> delete the To field and add hfx.general in the NG field and presto!

It seems to be working. But there might be an easier way:

In the traditional jargon of Usenet:

+ "reply" means send email to the original poster

+ "follow-up" means make a post to the same group(s)

If you have a "follow-up" button, clicking that might save you
the extra bother of the work-around you're using.

FWIW,
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Gurpster

Feb 20, 2024, 7:52:10 PMFeb 20
I'm not sure I actually sent it. If you got it reply with YEA. If you
didn't get it, then NAY.

Gracias

James Warren

Feb 20, 2024, 9:12:18 PMFeb 20
Yep. That's how TB works.

NSBooklady

Feb 21, 2024, 5:00:15 AMFeb 21
I'm old school (OK .. just plain old) so just automatically was
hitting Reply. Thanks! This is a lot easier.