Police ticket 11 people for COVID violations following party in Halifax

HRM Resident

Jan 16, 2022, 11:37:20 AM1/16/22
<https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/police-ticket-11-people-for-covid-violations-following-party-in-halifax-1.5741989>

Halifax Regional Police issued 11 tickets Sunday morning to people who
allegedly failed to follow the Health Protection Act.

Police say they were called to a party in a residence in the 6000 block of
Bayers Road around 12:41 a.m.

Once there, police say they handed out 11 summary offence tickets.

Each ticket carries a fine of $2,422.00.
In Nova Scotia, indoor and outdoor informal gatherings are currently
limited to 10 people from the same household or a consistent social group
as the province continues to deal with a surge in COVID-19 infections.

================

Tell everyone you know! Spread the word on social media if you have
accounts (I would if I had any.) Fines are good. Better than jail.
Vaccines don’t work on stupid and/or stubborn, but dishing out $$ likely
isn’t fun. I believe big fines might be better than vaccines.

It’s nice to see a good news story in these bothersome times.

--
HRM Resident

Lucretia Borgia

Jan 16, 2022, 2:15:56 PM1/16/22
It passed through my mind when I first heard - one way to make some
money!