Survived the storm

HRM Resident

Nov 23, 2021, 8:15:52 AM11/23/21
Made it unscathed. Not even a power bump, and I was fully expecting
hours or even a day on a generator. The weather forecasters had fun with
this one. They have been preaching doom and gloom since last Thursday.

I find the guy on local Global TV at 6 PM, Anthony Farnell, one of the
most accurate. He’s a real meteorologist, not a teleprompter reader. He
works out of Toronto, but usually, he gets the Maritime provinces pretty
close.

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 23, 2021, 8:19:10 AM11/23/21
Speaking of local news personalities, I see Steve Murphy finally
retired from CTV. It might be safe to watch again without worrying about
chucking up! :-) I can’t understand how that repulsive man lasted almost
40 years without getting the boot.

--
HRM Resident

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 23, 2021, 9:58:29 AM11/23/21
Agreed. He left for another woman (a producer on the show) when his
first wife was about five months pregnant. You don't get much more
rotten than that and neither does the other woman! He gambles,
doesn't have a drivers licence (I know that because a person at bridge
who drives cab, drives him everywhere) and he once called me to find
out where Faders Head was, Murphy was going to a private game there.

I always call same cabby if I have to be at an early hospital appt and
one time he asks if I minded if we diverted slightly. We went to
those houses - expensive - up by the Ashburn. I was commenting while
we were waiting how trashily built it was, front door frame not even
mitred and he said I was likely right, they only had it couple of
weeks when the back deck fell off!! Then to my horror out walks
Murphy, I told my friend he was in dead trouble with me! We dropped
him at ATV.

Frank Magazine covered his divorce from her and their equity in the
house was only about $10,000 because she was a compulsive shopper. Not
much for a man then his age with retirement creeping up! Serves him
bloody well right, couldn't happen to a better person!

To me he is beyond repulsive lol hence the rant.

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 23, 2021, 10:01:17 AM11/23/21
I wasn't so lucky! Went to Bayers Road, parked and was crossing on
the crossing in pouring rain when a lout in a sporty car flashed by me
even though I was still on the crossing, throwing up a cloud of water.
The receptionist looked at me strangely so I said no it wasn't raining
quite that hard, just an ignorant driver!

HRM Resident

Nov 23, 2021, 12:02:42 PM11/23/21
You know more about him than I do! I “met” him once in the 1980s when
I took some local musicians to the Christmas Daddies show in Halifax.
“Met” him in the sense I watched in amazement as he smoked 2-3 cigarettes
during every act! Whoever was playing was on the air and Steve was off the
stage lighting one off the other. I have never seen anyone suck a whole
cigarette from the front to the filter in two puffs, but he could!

However, his crown jewel of biased journalism was when he interviewed
Stéphane Dion in 2009. He asked questions using double negatives and such
deliberately to confuse someone who whose first language was not English.
Then he got the recording off to Mike Duffy in Ottawa to be broadcast
nationally. Dion was not a very charismatic person to begin with, and I am
convinced Murphy and Duffy set this up. The Canadian Broadcast Standards
Council agreed and rebuked them both for unprofessional journalism:

<https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.811860>

--
HRM Resident

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 23, 2021, 1:15:08 PM11/23/21
Now we both know more about him than we ever wanted to~ does not
surprise me in the least, Mike Duffy is every bit as sleazy as him,
claiming home travel when the snow outside his house in PEI clearly
showed nobody had been there for zonks!

I can safely say he forever put me off watching CJCH, I like Global
but not the former.

HRM Resident

Nov 23, 2021, 2:34:33 PM11/23/21
When I was last in PEI (2013-2014 time frame), I found Duffy's
"house" over there. It's only a km or two from the Anne of Green Gable's
place. It's a poor excuse for a "house!" A big shed or tiny cottage is
how I would describe it. This was in the middle of the Duffy trial, I
think. Either way, I observed it from a distance as I didn't want me or
my car on the national news!

About 4-5 years ago, I too gave up CBC and CTV local for Global. I
find it better, except on the weekends. On Saturday and Sunday, they
can't make it to 6:10 PM before they've run out of Maritime (and even
Canadian) news . . . they're off to tell us about Moscow, China, some
spat in the Middle East, etc. Either way, they seem better to me than
the original two stations.

That woman who reads the news needs to start eating more, though!
She showed up healthy and perky a few years ago and lost a lot of weight
this past year. Sarah somebody . . . anyhow, not my place to comment on
a woman's weight, I guess! :-)

--
HRM Resident

axemen99

Nov 23, 2021, 6:04:45 PM11/23/21
To celebrate, enjoy the parade Thursday 8-)
https://www.macys.com/social/parade/