Ping: JW

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 8:55:41 AM12/1/22

Thunderbird 102.5.1 (64-bit) released.

But Emacs is for real men . . .

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 1, 2022, 9:56:43 AM12/1/22
Way too manly for me! :)

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 10:14:38 AM12/1/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Way too manly for me! :)

Then try the latest version of Thunderbird. I'm not convinced it
TB. Might be it's interaction with Windows. There's mention of
tweaks to NNTP in every release, do I can't imagine they
jettisoned Usenet. Maybe they did . . .

I use Emacs to gety rid of the UTF-8. After a few days, it becomes
intuitive to use.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 1, 2022, 11:02:30 AM12/1/22
On 2022-12-01 11:14 AM, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Way too manly for me! :)
>>

> Then try the latest version of Thunderbird. I'm not convinced it
> TB. Might be it's interaction with Windows. There's mention of
> tweaks to NNTP in every release, do I can't imagine they
> jettisoned Usenet. Maybe they did . .

I still think it might be giganews.

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 12:31:45 PM12/1/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I still think it might be giganews.

I'd say try Eternal September, but it seems iffy lately too. It's
free, but most are pay. This one I'm using now is pay, but it's been
around for a long time and seems rock solid. I think it's used by
kiddies to swap music and videos, because it supports binaries.

--
HRM Resident