ping axemen

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 21, 2021, 7:54:08 PM11/21/21
Please keep the wind and rain down there in Boston - I have to drive
out to Cobequid tomorrow a.m. for an xray and don't relish driving in
that :)

axemen99

Nov 21, 2021, 9:04:48 PM11/21/21
Redirect to Moncton area instead...
Weather Alerts-Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Rainfall Warning is in effect
Meteorological Service of Canada, CA, Environment Canada
Affected Area
Southeast New Brunswick - Bay of Fundy shore

HRM Resident

Nov 22, 2021, 11:47:54 AM11/22/21
I wonder if we can do that. Clearly, any doctor or hospital in Canada
will help someone in an emergency. Not sure about going to another
province for “routine” stuff. Health Care is a provincial responsibility,
with each region setting its own rules. About 40 years ago, my wife had to
see a doctor in Ontario for something minor. The doctor did it for free
because he said OHIP wouldn’t cover people from outside Ontario. He could
likely have charged $20-$30 for an office visit.

I have since heard that nowadays, MSI will pay the Nova Scotia rate.
So if a doctor in Ontario gets $60 for checking you out and a Nova Scotia
doctor gets $40, MSI will give them the $40, and you have to pay the $20
difference. I don’t know if that’s right.

Either way, it’s now PM, and the weather hasn’t picked up yet, so we
have to assume LB was successfully X-rayed.

--
HRM Resident

axemen99

Nov 22, 2021, 2:32:33 PM11/22/21
On Monday, November 22, 2021 at 11:47:54 AM UTC-5, HRM Resident wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 21, 2021 at 7:54:08 PM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> >> Please keep the wind and rain down there in Boston - I have to drive
> >> out to Cobequid tomorrow a.m. for an xray and don't relish driving in
> >> that :)
> Either way, it’s now PM, and the weather hasn’t picked up yet, so we
> have to assume LB was successfully X-rayed.
>
> --
> HRM Resident

We have kept the thunders, lightnings and tornados instead, sending only wind and rain, LOL.
From 11 pm last night to 4 am Monday morning, we have all these threesome...
https://www.nbcboston.com/weather/stories-weather/tornado-touchdown-total-stands-at-8-from-long-island-through-new-england-heres-what-we-know/2566799/

HRM Resident

Nov 22, 2021, 4:46:03 PM11/22/21
Well, that’s a mess! Thanks for keeping it. :-)

It’s close to 6 PM local as I type this. Still not much here, but the
wind is blowing somewhat and the rain is still making up its mind if it’s
going to fall or not. Things are predicted to ease up after 1 AM, so we
have about 7 hours to get through.

--
HRM Resident

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 22, 2021, 4:53:17 PM11/22/21
It was a nightmare drive out, high wind and driving rain, coming home
just high wind. It's the only time my small car is a disadvantage, if
a car/pickup passes me, I can't see out for a few seconds in their
tail wash! I dropped my speed to 90 cos I was thinking it could be
planing time but I don't think anyone else did.

However, I do love my little car at the gas station:) I got the xray
okay, that's the thing now with appts, you go five minutes before and
I was clear of the hospital within 15 mins. Now tomorrow I have a
blood test but that is down at Bayers Road so even if the weather is
worse, no highway involvement :)

Lucretia Borgia

Nov 22, 2021, 4:54:33 PM11/22/21
That was sooo good of you! My cat thanks you too, she is terrified of
thunderstorms and fireworks.

Mike Spencer

Nov 22, 2021, 6:04:11 PM11/22/21

axemen99 <axem...@gmail.com> writes:

> We have kept the thunders, lightnings and tornados instead, sending
> only wind and rain, LOL. From 11 pm last night to 4 am Monday
> morning, we have all these threesome.

Good on you. Steady rain since midday here, some episodes of gusty
wind but nothing worrisome. Still raining now. Every dip and swale
is a squelchy puddle if it's not on a sharp incline or otherwise
drained.

> https://www.nbcboston.com/weather/stories-weather/tornado-touchdown-total-stands-at-8-from-long-island-through-new-england-heres-what-we-know/2566799/

Yow!

I haven't heard recently from my friend in Berkeley whose house
overlooks SF Bay, don't know if he's getting the same deluge that the
Canadian Left Coast is getting. They got enough heavy rain to break
the drought and diminish the fire hazard a little while ago but not
enough to refill the reservoirs or replenish the snow reserve in the
mountains.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada