The truth about Science is they lie

HRM Resident

Dec 3, 2022, 2:45:45 PM12/3/22

Science, we are repeatedly informed by scientists, possesses a unique
claim on truth due to its self-correcting nature. And this is certainly
true in theory, although it is not difficult to demonstrate that
scientific history is littered with a long list of honest mistakes, not-
so-honest mistakes and outright lies.

This this merely refers to the cases of which we know, scientific frauds
that have been caught and exposed. But even if we politely avert our
eyes from this well-chronicled inability of scientists to live up to
their scientific ideals - a nicety seldom granted to religious idealists
- there is real cause to doubt the continued benefit of science to
modern society, or even its right to a respectable place within it.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 3, 2022, 3:34:50 PM12/3/22
That is so stupid. The rare scientist lies and is a fraud. So what?
Scientists are people and have human foibles. Nevertheless science
is more than the odd cheat. Science is self-correcting, not only in
theory, but in actuality.

Wow! You count yourself among those who doubt the benefit of
science. Not surprised, you, like Al Smith, want to limit and censor it.
How did you get this way?

Mike Spencer

Dec 3, 2022, 9:15:36 PM12/3/22
https://againstscience.com/2008/12/31/the-case-against-science/

HRM, you're a genius. But then,

Who made me the genius I am today,
The mathematician that others all quote?
Who's the professor that made me that way,
The greatest that ever got chalk on his coat?

One man deserves the credit,
One man deserves the blame,
and Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name. Oy!
Nicolai Ivanovich Lobache...

I am never forget the day I first meet the great Lobachevsky.
In one word he told me secret of success in mathematics: Plagiarize!

Plagiarize,
Let no one else's work evade your eyes,
Remember why the good Lord made your eyes,
So don't shade your eyes,
But plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize...
Only be sure always to call it please, "research".

And ever since I meet this man my life is not the same,
And Nicolai Ivanovich Lobachevsky is his name. Oy!

You need to run plagiarisms through an AS [1] processor so that we
can't gwgle exact word strings and find your sources.

[1] Artifical Stupidity. Since most humans are stupid, either
categorically or in some significan respect, we have to build a
cinvincing AS and undersand it before we can but an AI that is
recognizably human-like.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

James Warren

Dec 3, 2022, 9:54:01 PM12/3/22
On Saturday, 3 December 2022 at 22:15:36 UTC-4, Mike Spencer wrote:
> HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Science, we are repeatedly informed by scientists, possesses a unique
> > claim on truth due to its self-correcting nature. And this is certainly
> > true in theory, although it is not difficult to demonstrate that
> > scientific history is littered with a long list of honest mistakes, not-
> > so-honest mistakes and outright lies.
> >
> > This this merely refers to the cases of which we know, scientific frauds
> > that have been caught and exposed. But even if we politely avert our
> > eyes from this well-chronicled inability of scientists to live up to
> > their scientific ideals - a nicety seldom granted to religious idealists
> > - there is real cause to doubt the continued benefit of science to
> > modern society, or even its right to a respectable place within it.
> https://againstscience.com/2008/12/31/the-case-against-science/

I didn't read the whole article before, but now that I just did, it is even
more stupid than my first evaluation. I'm guessing man's first great
mistake was inventing the wheel.
Nice Tom Lehrer song Mike.

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 9:01:33 AM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Not surprised, you, like Al Smith, want to limit and censor it.
> How did you get this way?

Gaslighting! Compareing me to your BFF is a low blow! :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 9:10:14 AM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

>> https://againstscience.com/2008/12/31/the-case-against-science/
>
> I didn't read the whole article before, but now that I just did, it is even
> more stupid than my first evaluation. I'm guessing man's first great
> mistake was inventing the wheel.

That may be the most brilliant article of the 21st century. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 4, 2022, 9:58:22 AM12/4/22
It is a thing you both have in common. Low blow, but true. :)

James Warren

Dec 4, 2022, 9:59:38 AM12/4/22
LOL. Of course it was. :)
It does suit your style of reasoning though. :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 1:28:01 PM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> LOL. Of course it was. :)
> It does suit your style of reasoning though. :)

Gaslighting again!

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 1:31:25 PM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> It is a thing you both have in common. Low blow, but true. :)

What are these low blows that make me like Al Smith? He's your
BFF. You collected all of his quotes and you engaged with him for
months, if not years, on a daily basis. What did you find
pleasurable about doing so?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 4, 2022, 2:25:27 PM12/4/22
On Sunday, 4 December 2022 at 14:28:01 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > LOL. Of course it was. :)
> > It does suit your style of reasoning though. :)
> >
> Gaslighting again!

Your post. You agree with it.

> --
> HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 4, 2022, 2:33:44 PM12/4/22
OK. Play dumb. You be you. :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 2:43:23 PM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Your post. You agree with it.

Agree with what? I don't know much about Al Smith other than he
was prolific on here, wrote books, and someone figured out his real
identity and posted it here. I don't see what I agree with or
don't agree with. Why do you and Al want more hangings? Seems
archaic. How about lethal injection if you must execute people. Why
do you support capital punishment? :-) I don't.

You are the Al Smith SME, not me! :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 4, 2022, 2:44:58 PM12/4/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> OK. Play dumb. You be you. :)

What's dumb? Saving pages of a weirdo's posts and then re-posting
them as a 'collection?' Do you hang out on Reddit? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 4, 2022, 2:45:53 PM12/4/22
OK. Old trick. Go off on a tangent. Play dumb.
Same old, same old. :)

James Warren

Dec 5, 2022, 8:08:10 AM12/5/22
\No.

HRM Resident

Dec 5, 2022, 9:57:42 AM12/5/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

>> Do you hang out on Reddit? :-)
>>
> No.

OK, just wondering where the reposting habbit came from. Carry on,
Al! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 5, 2022, 10:44:59 AM12/5/22
You have more resemblance to Al than I do. You both want to
limit and censor much of science.

HRM Resident

Dec 5, 2022, 2:44:59 PM12/5/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> You have more resemblance to Al than I do. You both want to
> limit and censor much of science.

I don't think so! I don't recall ever discussing anything with
him. Not only were you enthralled with his words, you kept an archive
to admire and refresh your memory periodically.

If a way, your relationship with Al reminded me of those young women
fainting and such at the edge of the stage when watching Elvis, the
Beatles or Springsteen perform. Al had you in the same kind of trance. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 5, 2022, 2:51:56 PM12/5/22
On Monday, 5 December 2022 at 15:44:59 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > You have more resemblance to Al than I do. You both want to
> > limit and censor much of science.
> >
> I don't think so! I don't recall ever discussing anything with
> him. Not only were you enthralled with his words, you kept an archive
> to admire and refresh your memory periodically.

I didn't say you discussed anything with Al. I said you two agreed on
your attitudes to science.

> If a way, your relationship with Al reminded me of those young women
> fainting and such at the edge of the stage when watching Elvis, the
> Beatles or Springsteen perform. Al had you in the same kind of trance. :-)

Now that truly is stupid. It's also another example of gaslighting.
You just can't resist, can you? :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 5, 2022, 3:14:55 PM12/5/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I didn't say you discussed anything with Al. I said you two agreed on
> your attitudes to science.

That's good, because you'd have trouble finding any discussions
between Al and me. I had too many other things on the go. Did they
teach you to red minds at Dal? Seems to me like you think you can. You
might want to get that looked into. :-)

> Now that truly is stupid. It's also another example of gaslighting.
> You just can't resist, can you? :)

You have collections of Al Smith quotes. You spent years debating
him. And somehow because you are in your 'goblin mode' today, I'm
gaslighting. I think I won (again!) Gee. I'm getting tired of
winning! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 5, 2022, 4:43:56 PM12/5/22
On Monday, 5 December 2022 at 16:14:55 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I didn't say you discussed anything with Al. I said you two agreed on
> > your attitudes to science.
> >
> That's good, because you'd have trouble finding any discussions
> between Al and me. I had too many other things on the go. Did they
> teach you to red minds at Dal? Seems to me like you think you can. You
> might want to get that looked into. :-)

No need to read minds, You both want to limit and censor science.

> > Now that truly is stupid. It's also another example of gaslighting.
> > You just can't resist, can you? :)
> >
> You have collections of Al Smith quotes. You spent years debating
> him. And somehow because you are in your 'goblin mode' today, I'm
> gaslighting. I think I won (again!) Gee. I'm getting tired of
> winning! :-)

Yes you are gaslighting. You claimed my adversarial relationship with Al
was one of admiration. That's real gaslighting! :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 6, 2022, 9:28:02 AM12/6/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes you are gaslighting. You claimed my adversarial relationship with Al
> was one of admiration. That's real gaslighting! :)

Another 'goblin mode' day, I see. Regardlesss of how you spin and
wiggle, it was you who had the bond with Al, not me! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 6, 2022, 10:05:53 AM12/6/22
Regardless of mode you gaslight profusely.

The "bond" was adversarial, as is my "bond" with you. :)