Ping LB

HRM Resident

Feb 5, 2024, 6:45:51 AMFeb 5
I got a pomelo seed sprouted. It is about 4 inches tall
now. I was not optimistic, but one out of ten or so worked.
DW got a pomelo about six weeks ago, and it had seeds.
They are not that great, sort of like a big, sweet grapefruit.
I can add it to the citrus list of things I grew. Orange,
lemon and now this thing.

I saw the picture of your lemon plant. I only got mine
about 2.5 feet tall before it started to die off, but yours
went all the way to the ceiling!

I wanted to try another orange, but I could not find any
with seeds. Those clementines they sell around Xmas
that came from Morocco used to be full of seeds. I
got two lots, one from Morocco and the other from
Spain. No seeds. They must have figured out that
propagating the orchards with cuttings from a mother
plant was more efficient.

--
HRM Resident

lucr...@florence.it

Feb 5, 2024, 7:20:58 AMFeb 5
My lemon is still going but not as nicely as my daughters, her's has
stayed lower and more bushy and we reckon there could be some lemons
in the future.

I haven't seen pomelos in ages, I always liked them but maybe they
were not popular enough around here.