1.5% + 1.5% = 3%. not 13.7%

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 11:16:49 AM11/26/22

I thought the Houston government passed legislation a week or so ago

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 11:24:12 AM11/26/22
HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought the Houston government passed legislation a week or so
> ago

I messed something up and sent that without the link:

<https://www.saltwire.com/atlantic-canada/news/residential-customers-face-137-per-cent-rate-hike-by-2024-in-nova-scotia-power-deal-100799439/>

<https://tinyurl.com/2uwxjaxb>

"Residential customers face 13.7 per cent rate hike by 2024 in Nova
Scotia Power deal"

Someone is lying . . .

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 26, 2022, 11:24:22 AM11/26/22
As I understand it the 1.5% + 1.5% was for over and above
fuel costs.

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 11:44:17 AM11/26/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> As I understand it the 1.5% + 1.5% was for over and above
> fuel costs.

Oh, same theory as the banks, insurance companies and airlines.

Banks = "Service fees on everything and you do all the work yourself
online."

Insurance = "We do not cover anything that might possibly happen. If we
miss something, we'll exclude it next year and increase everyone's
premiums."

Airline = "SALE to Toronto $99!!! (Each way, plus airport improvement
fees, fuel surcharge, NavCan Fee, baggage fee, pilot's salary,
stewardess' sanitary napkin fee) + HST! (Total - $875, but advertised
at $99.)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 26, 2022, 1:20:23 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, 26 November 2022 at 12:44:17 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > As I understand it the 1.5% + 1.5% was for over and above
> > fuel costs.
> Oh, same theory as the banks, insurance companies and airlines.
>
> Banks = "Service fees on everything and you do all the work yourself
> online."

On their computer systems!

> Insurance = "We do not cover anything that might possibly happen. If we
> miss something, we'll exclude it next year and increase everyone's
> premiums."

Hmm, maybe they cover it at higher premiums.

> Airline = "SALE to Toronto $99!!! (Each way, plus airport improvement
> fees, fuel surcharge, NavCan Fee, baggage fee, pilot's salary,
> stewardess' sanitary napkin fee) + HST! (Total - $875, but advertised
> at $99.)

YOU SEXIST PIG! IT'S HOST NOT STEWDESS! :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 1:34:47 PM11/26/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> On their computer systems!

OK, their outdated system written in COBOL in 1982. I suspect it's
long paid for by now.

> Hmm, maybe they cover it at higher premiums.

Nop. it's been taken off the list, but they paid a few last year,
so they have an excuse to charge more!

> YOU SEXIST PIG! IT'S HOST NOT STEWDESS! :)

I think they want to be called flight attendants these
days. However, any gender can use a sanitary napkin, so it's added
to the price of the ticket.

What are YOUR pronouns? Mine are I, he, him, you, we, him, her,
yours, theirs, someone, where, when, yourselves, themselves, oneself,
is, hers, when, whom, whose, each other, one another, everyone, nobody,
none, each, anywhere, anyone, and nothing.

(I would like to acknowledge that I am sending this post while located
in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People.)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 26, 2022, 2:26:45 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, 26 November 2022 at 14:34:47 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On their computer systems!
> >

> OK, their outdated system written in COBOL in 1982. I suspect it's
> long paid for by now.

Somebody has to maintain it though. COBOL programming
is highly paid these days.

> > Hmm, maybe they cover it at higher premiums.
> >
> Nop. it's been taken off the list, but they paid a few last year,
> so they have an excuse to charge more!

Hey, they're not a charity.

> > YOU SEXIST PIG! IT'S HOST NOT STEWDESS! :)
> >
> I think they want to be called flight attendants these
> days. However, any gender can use a sanitary napkin, so it's added
> to the price of the ticket.

Do you mean after a rim job with a hot poker?

> What are YOUR pronouns? Mine are I, he, him, you, we, him, her,
> yours, theirs, someone, where, when, yourselves, themselves, oneself,
> is, hers, when, whom, whose, each other, one another, everyone, nobody,
> none, each, anywhere, anyone, and nothing.

That seems comprehensive to me.

> (I would like to acknowledge that I am sending this post while located
> in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi'kmaq People.)

Squatter? :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 2:53:15 PM11/26/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Somebody has to maintain it though. COBOL programming
> is highly paid these days.

Exactly. And that's how capitalism works. Some commie you are! :-)

> Hey, they're not a charity.

No, they run a rigged gambling scheme where you bet something
terrible is going to happen to you, and they bet it's won't. If it
actually happens, they have a clause that says you lost! See how it
works?

> Do you mean after a rim job with a hot poker?

To blow their nose with, you dirty old man! :-)

> That seems comprehensive to me.

I try!

> Squatter? :)

Same as you. Let's give it back. You figure out how, and psot the
procedure here.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 26, 2022, 3:33:02 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, 26 November 2022 at 15:53:15 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Somebody has to maintain it though. COBOL programming
> > is highly paid these days.
> >
> Exactly. And that's how capitalism works. Some commie you are! :-)

I bet you'd take the money if you knew COBOL. :)

> > Hey, they're not a charity.
> >
> No, they run a rigged gambling scheme where you bet something
> terrible is going to happen to you, and they bet it's won't. If it
> actually happens, they have a clause that says you lost! See how it
> works?

You have the same clause. :)

> > Do you mean after a rim job with a hot poker?
> >
> To blow their nose with, you dirty old man! :-)
> >
> > That seems comprehensive to me.
> >
> I try!
>

> > Squatter? :)
> >

> Same as you. Let's give it back. You figure out how, and psot the
> procedure here.

Too late now. Fuck 'em. :)
Oh yeah, that is what we did.

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 26, 2022, 3:59:11 PM11/26/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I bet you'd take the money if you knew COBOL. :)

How's your COBOL these days? Mine is rusty!

> Too late now. Fuck 'em. :)
> Oh yeah, that is what we did.

It's never too later. Redo your will. Leave them your bible
collection.

As to what we did, I don't know, but I'm sorry and I won't do it
again! :-) But you might. If you do, will I get blamed again?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 26, 2022, 4:55:17 PM11/26/22
On Saturday, 26 November 2022 at 16:59:11 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > I bet you'd take the money if you knew COBOL. :)
> >
> How's your COBOL these days? Mine is rusty!

MOVE ZEROES TO ACCOUNTS

That's all I rember.

> > Too late now. Fuck 'em. :)
> > Oh yeah, that is what we did.
> >
> It's never too later. Redo your will. Leave them your bible
> collection.

I actually have three given to me over the years.
I meant to throw them out. If I find them I may
do that on garbage day.

> As to what we did, I don't know, but I'm sorry and I won't do it
> again! :-) But you might. If you do, will I get blamed again?

I didn't do any harm in my little fishing village away from
all the action.

> --
> HRM Resident

Mike Spencer

Nov 26, 2022, 6:30:40 PM11/26/22

James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Do you mean after a rim job with a hot poker?

You're thinking of Edward II? It proved to be fatal.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

HRM Resident

Nov 27, 2022, 9:49:44 AM11/27/22
Mike Spencer <m...@bogus.nodomain.nowhere> writes:

> You're thinking of Edward II? It proved to be fatal.

". . . rumours began to circulate that Edward had been murdered at Berkeley
Castle. Accounts that he had been killed by the insertion of a red-hot
iron or poker into his anus slowly began to circulate, possibly as a
result of deliberate propaganda; chroniclers in the mid-1330s and 1340s
spread this account further, supported in later years by Geoffrey le
Baker's colourful account of the killing."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_of_England#Controversies

Is there any trivia of which you are unaware, Mike!? :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 27, 2022, 9:57:19 AM11/27/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I actually have three given to me over the years.
> I meant to throw them out. If I find them I may
> do that on garbage day.

Tisk! Give them to charity. One of the used book stores or the
like. I also think once you are "born again," you'll regret
disposing of them.

> I didn't do any harm in my little fishing village away from
> all the action.

There were between 500 to 1,000 members of the Beothuk band in
NL. Then you guys came along. Now there are no Beothunks left.
What did you do to them?

--
HRM Resident

Mike Spencer

Nov 27, 2022, 12:11:48 PM11/27/22

HRM Resident <hrm...@gmail.com> writes:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_of_England#Controversies

I have a whole coffee table book about the creeps and villains and
nutters who've worn the British crown and the variously creepy or
violent or deranged or perverse shortcomings of many of the rest. It
avers that Edward's wife, long upstaged by her creepy husband's male
lovers (yes, a couple of whom were named diSpenser), was the one who
vengefully applied the hot poker/flip-dog.

> Is there any trivia of which you are unaware, Mike!? :-)

It's the Milk Sieve Memory Syndrome. The milk and cream pass rapidly
through. The straws, dead flies and bits of cow turd remain behind.

Donna Whitman

Nov 27, 2022, 2:10:00 PM11/27/22
Tis' the end of the world. I agree with James. That wasn't supposed to be the WHOLE increase.

observer

Nov 27, 2022, 5:44:43 PM11/27/22
How would he know?

HRM Resident

Nov 28, 2022, 10:04:15 AM11/28/22
Donna Whitman <nsboo...@gmail.com> writes:

> Tis' the end of the world. I agree with James.

I'm in shock. DON'T ever admit that. It emboldens him. We're now
likely in for 1-2 years of stories about teapots orbiting Pluto! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 28, 2022, 10:09:26 AM11/28/22
Can you prove they don't? :)

HRM Resident

Nov 28, 2022, 11:28:34 AM11/28/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Can you prove they don't? :)

Since you popped into existance on here, every time anyone mentions
religion, you tell the story about a teapot orbiting Pluto. It's like a
reflex response. So, conservatively, you have mentioned it 20-30
thousand times. I don't think the onus to prove they exist (or do not)
is on the innocent bystander(.) :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 28, 2022, 11:56:12 AM11/28/22
The answer is no, then. :)

HRM Resident

Nov 28, 2022, 12:07:08 PM11/28/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> The answer is no, then. :)

How sure are you? Do you have evidence? What's the probibility
each way?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 28, 2022, 12:40:59 PM11/28/22
Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. Two possible outcomes,
so it's 50/50, right? :)

HRM Resident

Nov 28, 2022, 1:05:28 PM11/28/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe there is and maybe there isn't. Two possible outcomes,
> so it's 50/50, right? :)

Hence it follows you are full of crap half the time, right? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 28, 2022, 3:10:30 PM11/28/22
I prefer to think that you are full of crap 100% of the time. :)
I'm close right? :)

HRM Resident

Nov 29, 2022, 9:53:32 AM11/29/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I prefer to think that you are full of crap 100% of the time. :)
> I'm close right? :)

That's not very nice! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 29, 2022, 10:31:56 AM11/29/22
Truth is not always nice. :)

HRM Resident

Nov 29, 2022, 12:16:06 PM11/29/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Truth is not always nice. :)

True or not, saying I am full of shjit doesn't advance your cause or
promote science! :-)

I feel science by it's nature can never go "too far" but humans can
push it there (think human cloning or transhumanism, animal-human
hybreeding experiments) just too name a few. Just think if any of these
were accomplished? What then of the "beings" rights? Is it human? Is it
property? Is it pet?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 29, 2022, 12:30:22 PM11/29/22
On Tuesday, 29 November 2022 at 13:16:06 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Truth is not always nice. :)
> >
> True or not, saying I am full of shjit doesn't advance your cause or
> promote science! :-)

It does nothing to hurt it either. It is just making a true statement. :)

> I feel science by it's nature can never go "too far" but humans can
> push it there (think human cloning or transhumanism, animal-human
> hybreeding experiments) just too name a few. Just think if any of these
> were accomplished? What then of the "beings" rights? Is it human? Is it
> property? Is it pet?

Yes, those would lead to some moral discussions. Some of those
things may come to pass. It seems to be that all things that we
can do we will do. The solutions, if any exist, will be political.

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 29, 2022, 1:25:36 PM11/29/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, those would lead to some moral discussions. Some of those
> things may come to pass. It seems to be that all things that we
> can do we will do. The solutions, if any exist, will be political.

It's gone too far becuse celebrities like Barbara Streisand have spent
tens of thousands of dollars to clone their most beloved pets, and now
cloning pets is becoming fairly mainstream. In late 2017, the first
primates, twin macaque monkeys were successfully cloned using the same
technology that gave us Dolly the sheep, the first mammal cloned in the
late 90's. In 2018, Chinese scientist Jiankui created the first
genetically modified babies using CRISPR technology to alter their DNA
and diminish their risk of contracting HIV.

It seems like technological advancement is progressing faster than our
ability to comprehend the implications of such ground breaking
technology. These recent technological innovations beg the question of
whether science can, in fact, go too far, and whether it already has.
The existence of the first genetically modified humans may be an
indication that the threshold has already been crossed; something once
thought to be science fiction has now become reality.

Genetic modification could have unlimited medical benefits and utility
in eradicating diseases, disorders, physical and mental defects, and
negative genetic traits; thus improving the lives of millions of people,
it could also be detrimental for those who are "imperfect." There are
significant ethical concerns about the recent developments in genetic
engineering and and how the pursuit of perfection seemingly devalues
preexisting life. This is especially concerning as the genetic
modification of humans is now a reality.

You could make the argument that genetic modification and
cloning devalues life because it is searching for perfection, and
whenever you're looking for perfection, you're extenuating the negatives
of those that already are in existence.

For example, people who do not meet the societal standard of perfection
may be judged as inferior. This could potentially lead to the
development of a caste system based on a genetic hierarchy. If this were
to be the case, genetic modification would only exacerbate the
inequality of classes, as only the wealthy would likely be able to
afford to modify their offspring to be "perfect," while people of a
lower socioeconomic status would not be able to.

Why do you promote eugenics? Do the means justify ANY ends? What
is wrong with you? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 29, 2022, 2:24:03 PM11/29/22
On Tuesday, 29 November 2022 at 14:25:36 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Yes, those would lead to some moral discussions. Some of those
> > things may come to pass. It seems to be that all things that we
> > can do we will do. The solutions, if any exist, will be political.
> >
> It's gone too far becuse celebrities like Barbara Streisand have spent
> tens of thousands of dollars to clone their most beloved pets, and now
> cloning pets is becoming fairly mainstream. In late 2017, the first
> primates, twin macaque monkeys were successfully cloned using the same
> technology that gave us Dolly the sheep, the first mammal cloned in the
> late 90's. In 2018, Chinese scientist Jiankui created the first
> genetically modified babies using CRISPR technology to alter their DNA
> and diminish their risk of contracting HIV.

Is it too far? How do we know?

> It seems like technological advancement is progressing faster than our
> ability to comprehend the implications of such ground breaking
> technology. These recent technological innovations beg the question of
> whether science can, in fact, go too far, and whether it already has.
> The existence of the first genetically modified humans may be an
> indication that the threshold has already been crossed; something once
> thought to be science fiction has now become reality.

OK. So you are afraid of future consequences. Perhaps our children
will be wiser than us. I think these fears existed for every generation.

> Genetic modification could have unlimited medical benefits and utility
> in eradicating diseases, disorders, physical and mental defects, and
> negative genetic traits; thus improving the lives of millions of people,
> it could also be detrimental for those who are "imperfect." There are
> significant ethical concerns about the recent developments in genetic
> engineering and and how the pursuit of perfection seemingly devalues
> preexisting life. This is especially concerning as the genetic
> modification of humans is now a reality.

It might do that, and maybe not. In that future most humans will
be "useless" anyway with robots doing nearly all the work. This could
be heaven or hell. We'll see just how good the human race really is
when they have to adapt to this new world. So far humans have
done fairly well comparing each generation with the previous ones.

> You could make the argument that genetic modification and
> cloning devalues life because it is searching for perfection, and
> whenever you're looking for perfection, you're extenuating the negatives
> of those that already are in existence.

One could. Would you?

> For example, people who do not meet the societal standard of perfection
> may be judged as inferior. This could potentially lead to the
> development of a caste system based on a genetic hierarchy. If this were
> to be the case, genetic modification would only exacerbate the
> inequality of classes, as only the wealthy would likely be able to
> afford to modify their offspring to be "perfect," while people of a
> lower socioeconomic status would not be able to.

Humans have always lived in a "caste" system. We do today. As
lefty pinko commies we may succeed in making a better world
for all.

> Why do you promote eugenics? Do the means justify ANY ends? What
> is wrong with you? :-)

Gaslighting again. Can't change old habits. :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 29, 2022, 2:45:47 PM11/29/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Is it too far? How do we know?

Since you ask that to everything, and never say too much is too
much, one has to assume you will support anything science dreams
up. Just like a good ole' religious believer.

> Humans have always lived in a "caste" system. We do today. As
> lefty pinko commies we may succeed in making a better world
> for all.

You could move to India. Bathe in the Ganges. Experence the caste
system up close and then decide if you like it. :-)

> Gaslighting again. Can't change old habits. :)

Is it working? Do you feel mentally unstable? I'm not a
professional, and if you are starting to feel unstable, please consult a
professional. Like a psychologist or some other medical expert. I can't
help you if you have problems like this! :-) Maybe have a nap? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 29, 2022, 3:14:44 PM11/29/22
On Tuesday, 29 November 2022 at 15:45:47 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Is it too far? How do we know?
> >
> Since you ask that to everything, and never say too much is too
> much, one has to assume you will support anything science dreams
> up. Just like a good ole' religious believer.

Yes, if the evidence is good.

> > Humans have always lived in a "caste" system. We do today. As
> > lefty pinko commies we may succeed in making a better world
> > for all.
> >
> You could move to India. Bathe in the Ganges. Experence the caste
> system up close and then decide if you like it. :-)

I wouldn't like it. It is not inevitable if we left pinko commies have
any say in the matter. :)

> > Gaslighting again. Can't change old habits. :)
> >
> Is it working? Do you feel mentally unstable? I'm not a
> professional, and if you are starting to feel unstable,

No, it's not working. You try but you do not succeed. :)

> please consult a
> professional. Like a psychologist or some other medical expert. I can't
> help you if you have problems like this! :-)

No need. You try but you fail. :)

> Maybe have a nap? :-)

Yes, soon. :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 29, 2022, 3:21:59 PM11/29/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> No, it's not working. You try but you do not succeed. :)

Do you have any evidence? Maybe a sworn afidavit from a family
member with a before vs. after comparison. :-) Thinking back, I
probably am taking too much credit for this and both Al Smith and db
cleaned your clock. Especially Al. I think he won almost every
discussion.

>> Maybe have a nap? :-)
>
> Yes, soon. :)

It's supposed to help!

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 29, 2022, 3:57:55 PM11/29/22
On Tuesday, 29 November 2022 at 16:21:59 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > No, it's not working. You try but you do not succeed. :)
> >
> Do you have any evidence? Maybe a sworn afidavit from a family
> member with a before vs. after comparison. :-) Thinking back, I
> probably am taking too much credit for this and both Al Smith and db
> cleaned your clock. Especially Al. I think he won almost every
> discussion.

I think you have serious memory problems. You should look into that.

HRM Resident

Nov 30, 2022, 10:25:40 AM11/30/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I think you have serious memory problems. You should look into that.

Nope. You posted an archive of Al's conquests here some months
ago. Those were just his side of the stories. There was no rebuttal
form you that I saw.

He wanterd more hangings in one post . . . seemed fixated on hanging
people in Spryfield. Did you let that go? Do you support public
capital punishment in Nova Scotia? If not, how did you respond to dear
old Al? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 30, 2022, 11:46:44 AM11/30/22
I don't remember and I'm pretty sure you don't either.

Did I say hang 'em all? I don't recall. :)

You're no so different from Al though. Both of you have
a hate on for science. His was for all but a few areas
he approved of. Oh wait, that's you too. :)

HRM Resident

Nov 30, 2022, 12:54:05 PM11/30/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't remember and I'm pretty sure you don't either.
>
> Did I say hang 'em all? I don't recall. :)

Well, on 22 July of this year, you posted the following (thanks to
Google Groups it's still there. :-)

========================

"In memory of Al Smith" (By James Warren)

Some blasts from the past. :)

"My definition of reality is not the same as that of the average person.
I believe many things that are not physical or material are real. Dreams
are real, in my opinion -- it's just a question of a different kind or
level of reality from the usual waking physical reality." Al Smith.

"The world is naturally filled with gods, angels, spirits and devils."
-Al Smith.

"In my opinion, a great many more people should be removed from the world
than is currently the case. If this were done,the world would be better
for the rest of us." - Al Smith

"It's depressing to me to drive down some city streets. I see the
private walls, fences and doors sprayed over with incoherent obscenities,
and I see these little gangs of fat, badly-dressed losers lounging
around the sidewalks.I'd like to decorate the walls with their blood." -
Al Smith

"Science teaches nothing of any importance in life. It exists to keep
the machines running and the food coming into the supermarkets, but for
the individual human being, it is an arid wasteland. All science knows is
how to push objects around. It has no higher purpose than plumbing or
ditch digging. Scientists are nothing more than glorified mechanics --
highly educated morons, in fact." - Al Smith.

"Cultures in the Middle East, Far East and Africa were stagnant. They
were going nowhere, until Europe and America came in via colonial
expansionism and modernized them. Being taken over by European nation
was the best thing that ever happened to most of those shit holes. The
only thing better was to have a large European population actually come
to live in the country in question. Third World peoples should get down
on their knees every day and thank white Christians for giving them
electricity and running water, not to mention trains, trucks, telephones,
productive farming techniques, decent medical care, science, stable money
systems, and a government that actually works some of the time. They owe
us everything, and the ungrateful pricks still want to slit our throats
while we sleep and steal what we've got." - Al Smith.

"No, James, stats are what bureaucrats use in order to get the funding
they need for their pet projects. Stats are what elected officials use
to promote various programs, or to increase taxes. They have no bearing
on reality. They can be made to show whatever the people who gather them
want them to show. They're a tool of social manipulation, nothing more.
They are also crutch for those with no common sense and no ability to
formulate an original thought.God save us from petty bureaucrats and
statisticians." - Al Smith.

"We need more hangings, lots more of them. Start with Spryfield, and then
move onto the bums on the corners downtown, and the vandals and
graffiti writers, and after them the drug sellers and prostitute with
their pimps. In notice we'd improve the quality of life for the rest of
us to an amazing degree. And really, what would be the cost? We'd execute
a few people we don't need and don't want,who are contributing nothing
and who are hurting others every day they continue to live." -Al Smith.

"It's a game plan that activists in the homosexual community have
laid out, wherein they shock the sensibilities of "straights" repeatedly
and frequently, for the purpose of desensitizing them to displays
of homosexual behavior, or the presence of homosexuals. The idea behind
it is, if people start to think that homosexuality is everywhere and
right out in the open, they will start to accept it as normal and
natural,because, how can it not be normal and natural when its
everywhere and right out in the open? So far the game plan seems to be
working for them. Of course, it means nothing -- it is not normal
behavior, no matter how prominently it is displayed in parades." Al Smith

"I do know that as someone who has no kids, I feel no inclination at
all to limit,disrupt, burden or inconvenience my life because of someone
else's kids." - Al Smith.

"I find very little problem with adults, but kids are nothing but
a damned nuisance.They are like a species of vermin that you are
forbidden by law to trap." -Al Smith.

"Hey! There's nothing wrong with being homophobic. :-)" Al Smith.

========================

Reference the 5th paragraph up. You said nothing. In fact, these
are all not rebutted Al Smith posts, according to your post above. They
seem like quotes of admiration. I didn't know you two were like
minded. :-)

Seems to me if you don't disagree or ask for claificarition, you are
in agreement! :-)

For the record, I am against more hangings. You?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 30, 2022, 1:17:59 PM11/30/22
Yeah, me too.

Wow! How did you manage to dig up all those wonderful quotes?

He certainly was an eloquent shithead, that Al.

I wonder if he would be happy living in a Christian Taliban. :(

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Nov 30, 2022, 2:58:15 PM11/30/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Wow! How did you manage to dig up all those wonderful quotes?
>
> He certainly was an eloquent shithead, that Al.
>
> I wonder if he would be happy living in a Christian Taliban. :(

Me? You were the one who collected all those Al Smith quotes. I
found your post on Google because I remember you posting it and
reminding us what a charmer he was/is. Do you and he still play
poker and pool together?

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Nov 30, 2022, 4:22:28 PM11/30/22
I thought I saved several of his "treasures" on my computer but
I just searched for them and could not find them. Maybe I lost
them on my old computer.

James Warren

Nov 30, 2022, 4:31:41 PM11/30/22
I just found them. You were right!
I couldn't just let them vanish into cyberspace; they were such
gems! :)

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 9:20:48 AM12/1/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought I saved several of his "treasures" on my computer but
> I just searched for them and could not find them. Maybe I lost
> them on my old computer.

You posted that list on 22 July, according to Google Groups. Either
way, now you have a fresh copy to read every morning. Print them
off and read daily them whilst eating your oats. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 1, 2022, 9:55:47 AM12/1/22
I found them again.

You are chock full of great ideas. I'll do it right away. I think
I'll frame them in a lovely gold frame and hang them over
my mantle.

Thanks again. :)

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 10:09:26 AM12/1/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> I just found them. You were right!
> I couldn't just let them vanish into cyberspace; they were such
> gems! :)

Can you re-post your responses? I seem to recall most of them were
"Atta-boy, Al!" sort of things, but I can't remember you expert
wordsmithing when praising him. :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 10:10:56 AM12/1/22
No problem! Us memmbers of the Church of Al Smith have to stick
together.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 1, 2022, 11:01:04 AM12/1/22
Sadly, I did not keep my responses. Undoubtedly they were gems. :)

HRM Resident

Dec 1, 2022, 12:28:41 PM12/1/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Sadly, I did not keep my responses. Undoubtedly they were gems. :)

There were a dozen parallel arguements going on back then, andf it
was hard to follow/engage in them all. Al Smith was a big component of
the chatter, but there was so much else that I sort of skimmed over
him. All I remember is he was weird and you two had a bromance of
some sort going.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 1, 2022, 4:15:27 PM12/1/22
There were RWAs, crackpots, weirdoes. mystics, narcissists,
dumboes, Al Smith and you and me. I could not type fast
enough to keep up with all the separate attacks on my
fully justified reasonable and rational arguments. :)

HRM Resident

Dec 2, 2022, 11:59:18 AM12/2/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> There were RWAs, crackpots, weirdoes. mystics, narcissists,
> dumboes, Al Smith and you and me.

True, But we always thought you were an arguebot. The fixiation
on 'gaslighting' suggests a hipster. Wow! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 2, 2022, 12:10:54 PM12/2/22
If you didn't gaslight there would be no need for me to mention it.
Give it up! :)

> --
> HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Dec 3, 2022, 9:19:54 AM12/3/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> If you didn't gaslight there would be no need for me to mention it.
> Give it up! :)

I don't think so. You started using it a year or so ago, and it's
the "Word of the year." This smells of a person who follows trends and
fads religiously . . . a "hipster."

I bet you were one of the first guys to get a tramp stamp tattoo and
a ring in your prick. What is wrong with people who do stuff like that? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 3, 2022, 10:21:10 AM12/3/22
Now you're doing your dodge and weave trick again. :)

Trendy or not, you gaslight, or try to. Give it up. :)

HRM Resident

Dec 3, 2022, 10:53:34 AM12/3/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Now you're doing your dodge and weave trick again. :)
>
> Trendy or not, you gaslight, or try to. Give it up. :)

Well, hipster, it's like this. You never mentioned gaslighting
until the last 6-8 months. And it's the 2022 'word of the year.'
Circumstantial evidence, but compelling!

Why do hipsters burn their mouths on coffee? Because they drink
it before it's cool. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Dec 3, 2022, 11:53:01 AM12/3/22
On Saturday, 3 December 2022 at 11:53:34 UTC-4, HRM Resident wrote:
> James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Now you're doing your dodge and weave trick again. :)
> >
> > Trendy or not, you gaslight, or try to. Give it up. :)
> Well, hipster, it's like this. You never mentioned gaslighting
> until the last 6-8 months. And it's the 2022 'word of the year.'
> Circumstantial evidence, but compelling!

Whether I mentioned it or not, it is what you do. :)

HRM Resident

Dec 3, 2022, 1:32:34 PM12/3/22
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> writes:

> Whether I mentioned it or not, it is what you do. :)

I ought to eschew, eschew, eschew, eschew, eschew,
eschew doing that? :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren