‘WHITE MALE’ STIGMA (a/k/a JW, LB, etc., attack!)

HRM Resident

Aug 8, 2022, 4:04:37 PMAug 8
Surely this woman must be "put in her
place!" :-)

I have my 2-litre bottle of Coke
and some popcorn ready for the onslaught! :-)

==============

From The Chronicle Herald· 8 Aug 2022

I have two wonderful sons who are in their 30s.
I also have two grandsons, aged two and five,
who I hope will also grow up to be confident
young men. All of these fine individuals are
white and male.

I am concerned that “white male” is becoming a
pejorative category. It’s even worse if one happens
to be “old, white, and male.” God forbid.
I understand the concept of privilege and the
need for equality. We need to acknowledge and
deal with systemic racism. I am of a privileged
group, as a white female. However, the term “white
female“is seldom used in a pejorative sense.

We as a society need to recognize that everyone
is an individual and needs to be treated as such,
regardless of what group they belong to. Being
constantly on the receiving end of negative
categorizing isn’t beneficial for anyone.

The Aug. 3 headline that read “Fighting to diversify
‘mostly white and male’ House” could simply have
read “Fighting to diversify the legislature,” or
“Fighting to include more gender and colour
diversification in the legislature.” No implication
of the undesirability of being white and male
is needed.

Let’s stop categorizing those who are born the way
they are, through no fault of their own. That includes
white males, as well as any other group. Let’s work
for diversification without shaming.

Karen Lia Schlick, Musquodoboit Harbour

==============

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 8, 2022, 4:20:47 PMAug 8
Is there a backlash against whiteness? It is probably
deserved as I see it.

HRM Resident

Aug 8, 2022, 5:08:52 PMAug 8
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wroted

> Is there a backlash against whiteness? It is probably
> deserved as I see it.

You can do better than that! Have you been sedated?

At first reading, she presents her case well. Both my
wife and I tended to agree with her, but after a few hours
reflection, now we’re not so sure.

As an old white male, you ought to be in agreement with
her position. But you also are very contrary and also an
Arguebot. Too bad we don’t have an man haters left
here.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 8, 2022, 5:38:44 PMAug 8
Do you mean argue for the sake of arguing? I don't do that.
I only argue with people who are wrong. :)

HRM Resident

Aug 8, 2022, 6:40:42 PMAug 8
So you agree with the letter writer. Hmmm. I am
still on the fence over that. There are a lot of old
white male creeps being exposed these days.

But, I object to pigeon-holing any group based on
their race, colour, religious background, or any
other attributes beyond their control.

It’s not fair to blanket blame anyone because some
others who look like them are evil. This woman’s kids
didn’t cornhole little boys, sexually assault women,
screw underage girls, engage in terrorist activities,
vote Conservative, or commit any similar horrible
activity.

We need an objective viewpoint. Unless you take a
side with a non-trolling rationale that’s convincing, I
honestly don’t know what to think. I can guarantee you
there are going to be follow-up letters to the editor
within a week, both agreeing and disagreeing with
her.

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 8, 2022, 7:06:42 PMAug 8
You are begging me to argue with you, right. :)

White folks, despite angels like you and me, are
as a group guilty of prejudice and bigotry. If
there should be a blowback we'll have to take the
hit along with all the others.

lucretia

Aug 8, 2022, 7:55:05 PMAug 8
On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 20:06:34 -0300, James Warren
Other than the angels bit, you speak the trewth!

HRM Resident

Aug 8, 2022, 8:03:22 PMAug 8
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are begging me to argue with you, right. :)
>
> White folks, despite angels like you and me, are
> as a group guilty of prejudice and bigotry. If
> there should be a blowback we'll have to take the
> hit along with all the others.

Nope. As I said, it’s one issue that I can’t take a
firm position on. So I couldn’t argue with you, regardless
of how you see it. Disappointed? :-)

I agree that if there’s blowback, and we are caught in
the crossfire, then that’s the way it is. Maybe we need to
know what it feels like to be guilty until proven
innocent, as many of the groups I mentioned in my
last post have to endure. I didn’t do anything, and neither
did you. Neither did most of the black guys who had to
put up with incessant street checks, or indigenous people
who are picked on for no reason other than the way
they were born. Life ain’t fair.

The exception is Conservatives. They deserve it! :-) Us
pinkos can smell them a mile away. They all stink! :-)

--
HRM Resident

HRM Resident

Aug 8, 2022, 8:21:38 PMAug 8
lucretia <lucreti...@fl.it> wrote:

> Other than the angels bit, you speak the trewth!

I respectfully disagree. Do you know any more
angelic white, older men than James and me? :-) Even
though there are no angels, if there were, we two
would be the best! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 8, 2022, 10:09:32 PMAug 8
Not all pinkos are angels. :)

James Warren

Aug 8, 2022, 10:10:17 PMAug 8
No argument there. :)

HRM Resident

Aug 9, 2022, 6:36:15 AMAug 9
James Warren <jwwar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I respectfully disagree. Do you know any more
>> angelic white, older men than James and me? :-) Even
>> though there are no angels, if there were, we two
>> would be the best! :-)
>>

> No argument there. :)

Except that I am number one and James is number
two. And since there are only two of us, he’s last!

The worst angel there is! Wow! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 9, 2022, 7:41:32 AMAug 9
Ahem. Wishful thinking. :)

HRM Resident

Aug 9, 2022, 8:59:49 AMAug 9
OK, number two was called Lucifer and he/she/it got
the boot is now the devil. So that would be me.

I get to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal.
You only can play a harp! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 9, 2022, 10:06:46 AMAug 9
Actually, I get to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal all
I want too. But to quote Penn Jillette, all I want is zero.

I could play the harp but I prefer drums. :)

HRM Resident

Aug 9, 2022, 2:00:28 PMAug 9
On 2022-08-09 11:06 a.m., James Warren wrote:

>>      OK, number two was called Lucifer and he/she/it got
>> the boot is now the devil. So that would be me.
>>
>>      I get to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal.
>> You only can play a harp! :-)
>>

> Actually,  I get to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal all
> I want too. But to quote Penn Jillette, all I want is zero.
>
> I could play the harp but I prefer drums. :)

You have to play by the rules! You can't be an angel
and a devil at the same time. :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 9, 2022, 2:48:04 PMAug 9
We can both do whatever we want. You choose evil. I choose good. :)

HRM Resident

Aug 9, 2022, 3:10:24 PMAug 9
On 2022-08-09 3:47 p.m., James Warren wrote:

>>> Actually,  I get to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal all
>>> I want too. But to quote Penn Jillette, all I want is zero.
>>>
>>> I could play the harp but I prefer drums. :)
>>>

>>      You have to play by the rules! You can't be an angel
>> and a devil at the same time. :-)
>>

> We can both do whatever we want. You choose evil. I choose good. :)

Whoa! Back up old horse. We can't both do whatever we want.
You want to rape, pillage, burn, sack, and steal (i.e. have all the fun)
AND play the harp? Nope. You have to talk to god about that and get
to play the harp too? You get a written decree from the big guy before
you get on that bandwagon! :-)

--
HRM Resident

James Warren

Aug 9, 2022, 5:09:17 PMAug 9
You chose your path. I chose my path. We could both have chosen
either path. Your anger at being number two overcame your sense
of decency. It's not too late for you. Repent! Comeback to the
light. :)