DeviceID & Note Fields Work Around

Chris Pettit

Oct 12, 2020, 11:21:36 AM10/12/20
to hfm-net
This combines a couple of suggestions 1) note fields 2) Device IDs.into a work-around approach.
Based on:
1) Device IDs show up in Benchmark plots.
2) Deleting a client, them re-adding with a new, unique name, creates a new unique set of records.
NOTE: simply editing the client name won't create a new, unique set of records as it renames existing in Benchmark Viewer.
However, in WU logging, client edits are retained, from my observations.
Thus, if host changes are tracked relative to a unique Client-ID, I was able to achieve the granularity I was seeking with the GPU device ID.hfm-wrk-arnd.pngframe-L2-BMplot.png

harlam357

May 2, 2021, 1:19:47 PM5/2/21
to hfm-net
When renaming a client, benchmarks will follow the client.  WU history is a different thing.  Once it's recorded, it's there with the name it had at the time.

If you delete a client completely, then add a new one with a different name, HFM considers it a new client and new benchmarks will be created for it.