Create alternative homepage in hexo project?

Richard

Jul 18, 2018, 12:27:31 PM7/18/18
to Hexo
I have inherited a hexo project. It has the following structure:

- /source
 - pricing
   - index.md
   - details.md (etc)
- /themes
 - /layout
  - /_partial
    - header.ejs
  - index.ejs
  - layout.ejs
  - page.ejs
  - post.js

Currently if I go to `/` on the website it shows the content of `index.ejs`/. I want to create an alternative homepage (for the purposes of AB testing) that is displayed at `/alternative` and that shares most of its content with `index.ejs` (I'll use a partial shared between the new file and the old one, to follow DNR principles).

I've created `/themes/layout/alternative.ejs` as a starting point, but unsurprisingly if I go to `/alternative` it just 404s. I don't understand how to create a new page there that shares most of its content with `index.ejs`. Can anyone help?