CSS doesn't load in GitHub Pages or other Hosting Site

Ondairos

Aug 6, 2017, 3:27:22 PM8/6/17
to Hexo
Greetings i have used hexo to generate  a new blog. All is working well in my local disk folder when i run it on local host. CSS loads fine i see the Blog as it's meant to be.
When i upload it in GitHub and then start the github page it displays only the HTML and no CSS! I have destroyed the blog 2 times. I have updated the npm and git libraries.
I use windows 10.

Thanks

Matt Jones

Dec 12, 2017, 4:26:42 PM12/12/17
to Hexo
I don't think you can use NodeJS apps on regular servers. It has to be deployed using a cloud service like Heroku.

H Craig

Jun 5, 2018, 4:48:18 AM6/5/18
to Hexo

You followed the instructions on:

and created a repo  "/<your github id>.github.io"

right?

Then you are looking at the URL

https://<your github id>.github.io

is that correct?

Tony Su

Jul 6, 2018, 12:58:11 PM7/6/18
to Hexo
I'm finding the same result when I do a "git push" of the public folder.

Is why I'm currently attempting to use the git-deploy plugin, but that is also throwing an error for me (I've posted that in this Groups)

Not sure why the CSS isn't working without digging deeply into what is happening, I doubt has anything to do with the fact nodejs is used to build hexo. But it would be an issue if deploying to Gitlabs (I've posted about that, too in this Groups).