Newbie unable to deploy to github ERROR Deployer not found: [object Object]

Tony Su

Jul 5, 2018, 8:40:53 PM7/5/18
to Hexo
Before the main question 2 other questions
1. Am wondering how so many guides describe deployeing to branch Main and that somehow can be deployed on a github webserver? I thought only files deployed to branch gh-pages can be deployed by the github webserver.

2. When running a hexo-deploy, and specifically to github, does the target repository on Github have to already exist? Some guides I read say to create the github repo first before deploying, others don't mention that step.

Now,
My main question...
Following mostly the guide at the following URL with changes I'll describe...

The changes I've made to _config.yaml (excerpts)(everything else in the file is default)

# Site
title: Hexo Demo
subtitle:
keywords:
author: TZU
language:
timezone: America/Los_Angeles

# URL
## If your site is put in a subdirectory, set url as 'http://yoursite.com/child' and root as '/child/'
root: /hexo-demo/

# Deployment
deploy:
  type:
          type: git
          branch: gh-pages

The command
# /usr/local/bin/hexo deploy
ERROR Deployer not found: [object Object]

Not in the above reference, but based on another source I also ran the following script to install these components individually

npm install hexo-generator-index --save && \
npm install hexo-generator-archive --save && \
npm install hexo-generator-category --save && \
npm install hexo-generator-tag --save && \
npm install hexo-server --save && \
npm install hexo-deployer-git --save && \
npm install hexo-renderer-marked@0.2 --save && \
npm install hexo-renderer-stylus@0.2 --save && \
npm install hexo-generator-feed@1 --save && \
npm install hexo-generator-sitemap@1 --save

Assistance and insight greatly appreciated, Thx.