3d printable Hexayurt cutter

Robert Atkins

Nov 11, 2019, 2:59:11 PM11/11/19
to hexayurt
Hi everyone,

Here's a model for a 3d printable Hexayurt cutter. Print one, slide in a standard 18mm snap-off blade into one of the slots and push it across the edge of a polyiso panel to make perfect bevelled cuts at either 15° or 30°.

This is an alpha version as I'm not able to test it against a real sheet of polyiso—even if I could get one in Berlin it'd be some number of mm thick, rather than inches (though there's a provision for changing that in the source for the model.)

If anyone can try it out and report back how well it works, that would be great: https://github.com/ratkins/hexayurt-cutter

Cheers, Robert.

Dano McKagan

Nov 11, 2019, 5:26:02 PM11/11/19
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
Super cool, thanks for sharing! I won't be needing it anytime soon, I'm still managing to nurse my old one along, just over 7 years and 6 burns. I love seeing all the enhancements come out of this group.

Dano!

lemondealc .

Nov 11, 2019, 9:30:47 PM11/11/19
to hexa...@googlegroups.com