Can anybody donate their hexayurts to house fire evacuees in California?

Vinay Gupta (Hexayurt Shelter Project)

Jan 17, 2019, 6:25:31 PM1/17/19
to hexa...@googlegroups.com, Fire Angels Network

Details below. I talked to Kathleen, and suggested maybe we could find some people to donate units - note that they've got people to build them, and can do the transport and logistics for the units - if they can find some units.

If you'd like to help, Kathleen is reachable at fireange...@gmail.com or 5302302198

I hope somebody can find her a few spare units. Thanks for your help.

Jan 17, 2019, 7:58:24 PM1/17/19
to hexa...@googlegroups.com, Fire Angels Network
Vinay, Kathleen & others,

I’m no sure we can help. Our hexayurts are not waterproof. The 4 x 8’ polyiso panels we use to put them together are NOT manufactured to be used outside. They are used inside the house - between outside covering and inside sheet rock.

Also, as we have learned during rainy moments at Burning Man they are not leak proof without a lot of extra tape that doesn’t necessarily like water.

They might last a month in this current weather. (I’m in 707) Not likely through the rest of our Northern Calif winter. A friend put one up a couple years ago in Sonoma and it did not make it through the winter.

I know it’s not what you wanted to hear, but it’s the truth from my experience & perspective.

I’m sorry, wish I could offer more. Peace, Hal Black Rock Hexayurts