Given the freeze USA bomb cyclone, issuing of insulated panels to build Hexayurt H2's could have saved lives?

Cabinz Admin

Dec 28, 2022, 7:17:42 AM12/28/22
to hexayurt
Perhaps a micro shelter to lobby for in future disaster avoidance.

Hexayurt H2

Ive had a go at similar structures in their prototype stage for 2 or more folks   .
ie the roof of the wedgeblock shelter

wedge block pic.JPG

Scott McNeil

Dec 29, 2022, 4:10:40 PM12/29/22
to hexayurt
Given the fragility of a hexayurt's construction materials, I doubt its walls would withstand hours of blizzard-force winds or its roof the weight of snow.

Percival du Chat Gris

Dec 30, 2022, 12:16:38 PM12/30/22
to hexa...@googlegroups.com
Ahh ... good point.

I was thinking sandwich panels rather than just raw polyiso ... snow loading is tricky.  I know a lot of the community use fuller-domes (geodesic domes) to deal with the snow load appropriately, but those are a lot more complex, and nowhere near as materials-friendly.

Percy