Installation of new Plugins?

Amani Saad

Jul 7, 2021, 2:32:53 AM7/7/21
to HeuristicLab
Hi,

I have been trying to upload and install a plugin, I therefore followed the steps as in

I faced a problem with building heuristic lab using "stable branch source zip" file, is it compatible with Windows 10? at the end of the installation the bin file was empty?

I greatly appreciate any help with this.
Amani Saad

Kommenda Michael

Jul 8, 2021, 4:07:56 AM7/8/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com

Hi Amani,

from your short description it is very hard to detect what is going wrong. I have just execute the steps as instructed in the build guide [0] and everything worked for me. In detail I did the following:

1)      Download zip archive with sources

2)      Extract zip archive into a dedicated folder using 7-zip

3)      Used the build.cmd to build the HeuristicLab.ExtLibs solution

4)      Used the build.cmd to build the HeuristicLab-3.3 solution

5)      Everything has been put into the build folder

6)      HeuristicLab can be started by using the provided exe file

However, there are a few catches that might give you problems. It is always better to use a dedicated zip program than the installed explorer to extract archives (security reasons). You have to create a folder for the sources where you have write permission (e.g., C:\HeuristicLab). Within the Program Files folder in windows errors due to missing permission might occur. Script execution for powershell scripts has to be enabled for the build command to work, otherwise you have to resort to building the solutions with visual studio.

This are all the hints I can give you. If it still does not work to build HeuristicLab from its sources, we need a more detailed description of what you did and which error you encountered. Otherwise, it is almost impossible for us to investigate this issue.

All the best,

Michael

[0] https://dev.heuristiclab.com/trac.fcgi/wiki/Documentation/DevelopmentCenter/DownloadAndBuildSource

Amani Saad

Jul 10, 2021, 9:41:56 PM7/10/21
to HeuristicLab
Dear  Kommenda,

Many thanks for your earlier reply...

I have been trying to install HeauirsticLab, and I carefully followed your advices  below. However I'm still facing the same problem . The error message is as in the photos attached.

I greatly appreciate any clue of what might have caused the problem.
Many thanks and best regards,
Amani

p1.png
p2.png

Amani Saad

Jul 10, 2021, 9:51:53 PM7/10/21
to HeuristicLab
p6.png
p5.png

Kommenda Michael

Jul 13, 2021, 3:23:03 PM7/13/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com

Hello Amani,

apparently there has been an error in the build configuration of HeuristicLab, more precisely in HeuristicLab.OrTools. This configuration error has gone undetected for several months as its depending on the build system and the concrete build order of the solution. More details are briefly outlined in ticket #3131 [0].

I've corrected the error and now you should be able to build the external libraries HeuristicLab.ExtLibs and if completed successfully HeuristicLab itself.
[0] https://dev.heuristiclab.com/trac.fcgi/ticket/3131

Let me know when you encounter other errors.

Kind regards,
Michael

PS: Don’t forget to download the new sources from our homepage. The corrected version is r18005.

https://builder.heuristiclab.com/repository/download/bt11/.lastSuccessful/HeuristicLab%20stable%20sources%20r%7Bbuild.number%7D.zip?guest=1

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heuristiclab/c97c344a-2340-4c4c-9ff5-a2961cc91770n%40googlegroups.com.

Amani Saad

Jul 13, 2021, 8:16:00 PM7/13/21
to HeuristicLab
Dear Michael,

Manty thanks indeed for your fast response and prompt reply. I have downloaded and installed the new sources as you advised using the new link you provided, still facing a problem when I tried to run the .exe file in the bin folder (Please see the photo attached ).
P8.png

Gabriel Kronberger

Jul 14, 2021, 2:16:53 AM7/14/21
to noreply-spamdigest via HeuristicLab
Please open %LocalAppData\HeuristicLab% in Windows Explorer and delete the HeuristicLab.... folder.

Gabriel Kronberger

Jul 14, 2021, 2:17:48 AM7/14/21
to noreply-spamdigest via HeuristicLab
Sorry, that should be %LocalAppData%\HeuristicLab

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, at 8:16 AM, Gabriel Kronberger wrote:
Please open ______________ in Windows Explorer and delete the HeuristicLab.... folder.

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 15, 2021, 8:20:43 PM7/15/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Michael and Gabriel. However, I'm facing the same problem as Amani
¿Is there any possibility to elaborate a video tutorial in order to upload and install a plugin, step by step please?
Awaiting your reply
Best regards

Amani Saad

Jul 16, 2021, 2:19:43 PM7/16/21
to HeuristicLab
Awesome! Problem solved. Many thanks for your fast response and continued cooperation. Greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and regards,
Amani Saad

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 16, 2021, 5:44:45 PM7/16/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Could you help me, please, how did you do it?
It didn't work for me
Could you help me, please?

Amani Saad

Jul 16, 2021, 5:58:27 PM7/16/21
to HeuristicLab
Yes, of course. First of all, make sure to follow the tips that Michael posted in his initial reply about system requirements. It is important to carefully follow every piece of advice he mentioned (please refer to the very first reply in this series).  Then you may share what type of problem you are facing. It is better to attach a print-screen. Remember you would need Visual Studio to build the resources.

Best regards,
Amani Saad

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 16, 2021, 8:45:25 PM7/16/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.
I am facing the same problem
image.png
I have Visual Studio 2019 Installed
Could you help me, please, to solve the problem using plugin?
On the other hand, how could I create a cost function to achieve optimization. I mean, I've database, I would like to use genetic programming to generate the best models, then optimze the cost function
Sorry, for so many questions
Awaiting your reply
Best regards

Amani Saad

Jul 16, 2021, 9:41:17 PM7/16/21
to HeuristicLab
Dear,
I'm afraid that I could not get you properly. First, you should be able to download and install resources, please see the print-screen I attached.  download the file in the link provided:
  • Download the ​stable branch source zip
  • Create file HeuristicLab in your C:\program files (see the directory in the photo attached).
  • Then, extract stable.zip file in   HeuristicLab using 7-Zip (a professional file extractor- free downloadable SW)
  •  Run the  build.cmd from within the stable file, you will be prompted to select which solution to build (see the command prompt window in the attached photo)
  • Select 5  to build the .EXTLibs.
  •  Run the  build.cmd from within the stable file  again and select 4 to build HeuristicLab solution.
  • Finally, find and run the .exe file in the bin folder (see attached print-screen).
Best regards,

Untitled.png
Untitled2.png

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 19, 2021, 7:40:02 PM7/19/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Amani Saad, for your time and effort.
Today, I am going to try to install it, following your recommendations.
Once again, Thank you very much
Best regards

El vie, 16 jul 2021 a las 20:47, Amani Saad (<amani....@gmail.com>) escribió:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (amani....@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info
[...]

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 19, 2021, 8:54:54 PM7/19/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to install HeusticLab stable, through "cmd". But, I'm facing a problem.
Once, double click on Build.cmd. The Windows 10 command prompt appears and then disappears.
Could you help me, please?
Thank you very much
Best regards

Amani Saad

Jul 21, 2021, 7:23:38 PM7/21/21
to HeuristicLab
Hello Dear,

To solve this issue you need to refer back to the very first hints in this conversation. make sure that you follow them carefully.

I mean the response bellow:

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

HeuristicLab

Jul 24, 2021, 1:35:10 AM7/24/21
to HeuristicLab
Open a cmd shell and execute the Build.cmd within that shell instead of double clicking it, then you should at least see what the error message is.

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 24, 2021, 4:20:29 AM7/24/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 24, 2021, 2:57:48 PM7/24/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Could someone help me please. I couldn't install plugin.
Once again, I am trying to install HeusticLab stable, through "cmd". But, I'm facing a problem.
Once, double click on Build.cmd. The Windows 10 command prompt appears and then disappears.
Could you help me, please?
Thank you very much
Best regards

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 24, 2021, 3:01:09 PM7/24/21

El jue, 8 jul 2021 a las 3:17, Kommenda Michael (<michael....@heuristiclab.com>) escribió:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (michael....@heuristiclab.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

[...]

yelham...@gmail.com

Amani Saad

Jul 24, 2021, 11:12:33 PM7/24/21
to HeuristicLab
Hi,

In the stable folder right click on the file named "Build.ps1" then select run with PowerShell (look at the attached screen shots). Make sure to attach a screen shot for the error message. Take your time to read carefully the tips which were provided by HeuristicLab team.

best regards,
Untitled3.png
Untitled4.png

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 25, 2021, 12:32:58 AM7/25/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much. However, the error is still exist
Attach screen shots
Could help me, please?
image.png

HeuristicLab

Jul 25, 2021, 1:53:19 AM7/25/21
to HeuristicLab
The error message says that 4|Any CPU is not a valid configuration. You entered "4" on the question which configuration to build. "4" is not a valid configuration. Only "Debug" or "Release" are valid configurations.
You should enter "5 4" on the first question and leave the other answers to their default (you can choose to do a Debug build of course, then you would write "Debug" without quotes of course when asked about the configuration to bulid). By accepting default answer just hit Enter.

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 25, 2021, 10:14:15 AM7/25/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Alright!
Thank you very much

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 25, 2021, 11:33:29 AM7/25/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Once again, thank you very much. However, the problem is still exist
Attach screen shot
image.png
Could you help me, please!

Amani Saad

Jul 29, 2021, 9:46:13 AM7/29/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Dear,

I suggest that you open new query and approach the HeuristicLab team directly. The error message is not in English however, make sure that it is readable.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "HeuristicLab" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heuristiclab/CA%2BDK%2BsKnrPykiQADgMRtHHD_i4pAeMTN_C7y9R%2BwQPLx0AOK2g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Procurement and Contracting Manager PCM

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 30, 2021, 12:04:28 AM7/30/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much
How could I reach to "HeuristicLab team directly"
Could you share the link, please?
Awaiting your reply
Best regards

HeuristicLab

Jul 30, 2021, 4:12:27 AM7/30/21
to HeuristicLab
Please redownload the source ZIP file from the download page: HeuristicLab stable branch sources.
Then before you unpack the ZIP, right-click on it, select "Properties" and click to "unblock" the file.
Screenshot 2021-07-30 100546.png

After checking unblock and confirming with Ok. You can extract the sources. Then you should be able to build the sources without problems.

Best,
Andreas

YOUNESS EL HAMZAOUI

Jul 30, 2021, 10:57:57 PM7/30/21