Binary Factor Variable

angel b.

Oct 21, 2021, 6:57:00 AM10/21/21
to HeuristicLab
Hello
The problem is: Genetic Programming - Symbolic Classification.
I am trying to use "Binary Factor Variable".
I notice that the value of the "else" in the condition is always 0, which generates division by 0 errors.
Is there any way to change this "else" value, e.g.: setting it to 0 with addition and subtraction and 1 with multiplication and division?
Thanks

Kommenda Michael

Oct 22, 2021, 6:15:09 AM10/22/21
to heuris...@googlegroups.com

Dear angel,

it is not possible in HeuristicLab to define the return value of nodes such as the Binary Factor Variable depending on its parent nodes (Addition or Multiplication), because nodes are agnostic to where they are included in the tree and used.

You could only change the return value in general. However, this is not possible from the GUI and you have to adapt how the interpretation of Binary Factor Variables work in the source, thus creating your own adapted version of HeuristicLab.

Maybe the more standard Factor Variable suits your needs and behaves more as you expect.

I hope this helps,

Michael