Problem create new plugin

soumaya mire

Sep 28, 2020, 3:20:28 PM9/28/20
to HeuristicLab
I try to creat a new plugin . After all configurations , I built it . However, it appears message

Capture1.PNG
 Any clue to what might be going wrong here?

Andreas Beham

Sep 28, 2020, 5:43:03 PM9/28/20
to HeuristicLab
Please try to delete the folder C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\HeuristicLab.

soumaya mire

Sep 29, 2020, 4:31:50 PM9/29/20
to HeuristicLab
Hello Andreas,
Thanks for your responsiveness, it worked but  it is listed in Disabled plugin section
plugin.PNG
How do I make it Active?

Andreas Beham

Sep 29, 2020, 4:54:40 PM9/29/20
to HeuristicLab
I suppose some error with your plugin metadata.
Please check what you put inside the quotes of the PluginFile attribute: [PluginFile("DLLFILENAME", PluginFileType.Assembly)]
The DLLFILENAME should be identical to the assembly name of your project. Also it should only be the name of the file, not the path. The text in "Error:" states that it tires to load that file, but can't.
Check if the file is in the same directory as the HeuristicLab 3.3.exe in explorer and is exactly named as in this attribute. The DLLFILENAME must contain the ".dll" suffix. A rarer source of error is that you are running HL in 32bit and your plugin is compiled for 64 bit explicitely or vice-versa, though I think it's more likely that some string and filename doesn't match.

Look at other plugin.cs files in the repository (note that we often use a .cs.frame file that is converted to a .cs file through subversion tools to include the latest revision number, only the .cs file is compiled and added to the assembly, if something is changed in the .cs file this is overwritten in the next compilation - if you don't use .cs.frame files, fine, then this cannot be a problem for you).

soumaya mire

Sep 30, 2020, 9:45:50 AM9/30/20
to HeuristicLab
Thanks for your adivices.