Getting Started

Eric Gatley

Nov 13, 2020, 4:51:44 PM11/13/20
to HeuristicLab

I've run a couple of the sample programs successfully.

Beyond that, I can start up a new problem, I can import my data (or use some of your existing data), but beyond that I just don't see the start/resume arrow at all.  It's not grayed out, it's non-existent.  Must be missing something pretty simple but I don't see it.  Seems like everything is set up just like the samples.

Wagner Stefan

Nov 14, 2020, 12:46:45 AM11/14/20
to heuris...@googlegroups.com

Dear Eric,

in HeuristicLab you cannot start/run problems, you can only run algorithms and each algorithm contains a problem. In order to solve your problem, you need to create a new algorithm and to set your problem in the “Problem” tab of the algorithm. For example, for genetic programming and symbolic regression, you first need to create a new genetic algorithm (GA) and then you have to add a Symbolic Regression Problem to this algorithm. All provided samples are preconfigured algorithms which contain a preconfigured problem.

All the best,

Stefan