rifle range

eriker...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2015, 11:04:24 PM11/9/15
to Heslar Naval Armory
I was a member of the Pike High School NJROTC unit 1974 - 77, and our small bore rifle team practiced and held matches at the Heslar Naval Armory's rifle range in the basement. The range had four shooting points, and targets for us were at 50 ft. The range was closed down in March 1977. I was back in the Armory briefly in July 1981 and went down to the basement to check on the range. By that time it was repurposed to a small machine shop, at least the portion I could see from the doorway. Many good memories from there!

indymaynard

Nov 9, 2015, 11:56:44 PM11/9/15
to Heslar Naval Armory
You are the first person to have a personal account of the rifle range! Thanks for your input! If you have any pictures you would like to share, I will post them here with credit to you. It is exciting to hear about this! Again, thanks!